title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem accessing my music

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lucky Larue
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2015

Problem accessing my music

I recently bought a new computer and had to download Asset again. At the same time, my Naim streamer was away being repaired. After getting it back this week, there's a problem with Asset: When I tap "Genre," for example, it displays a photo and title of the various genres I have. When I tap on a particular genre, however, it doesn't show the many albums I have in that genre. Instead, it has black and white icons of "Artist, Album," etc. So to play a specific album, I have to tap on the "Title" icon and go through all the titles alphabetically. There must be a setting that's off, but I've tried but can't find one. The other odd thing is that the icons are black and white sketches, whereas before they were a different shape and color (a salmon color), although this doesn't really matter to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • timster67
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2014

Re: Problem accessing my music

The latest version of Asset (6) has new icon colours that can be user-defined. If you look in Asset configuration general settings you'll see it.
    Also, I am guessing you didn't keep a record of your previous Asset settings, so you new one has reverted to defaults, including the browse tree. You may have to try and remember what you did before, or if you still have the old computer, with it's old Asset, you could copy/paste the text version of the browse tree from old to new.

Comment

• Lucky Larue
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2015

Changing the icon colors was straightforward. Thanks. When I first purchased Asset, though, I don't recall making any settings changes in the Advanced Settings. Anyway, I don't have the old computer. But there must be a simple setting I can choose. Again, when I choose "Genre" I want to see all of my album photo icons as they were displayed before. Is this something in the General settings or in the Browse tree?

Comment

• timster67
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2014

It's the browse tree. Set Genre (select the no track list option) at the top level, and +\Album under that, with nothing else. You may have other things under both that's causing what you're seeing.

Comment

• Lucky Larue
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2015

So, I go to the browse tree, select genre then do I select "Add new container?" Do I type in +/- Album? You've probably guessed that I'm not the most computer savvy person. Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

• timster67
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • May 2014

I can't remember how it works on a computer, but from memory and how it works on QNAP, select the Genre item, tick the No track listing, then "Add new container" as child, and select Album from the drop down list for that entry. So under Root, you'd have +Genre and in that Album. Also, if you don't want All Tracks and Shuffle Tracks, deselect them from the General Settings.

Comment

Working...

]]>