title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Delete Track Numbers from File Titles

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Delete Track Numbers from File Titles

I have 16.2 running on OSX. My rips have a track number associated with each title. That was not auto-applied in the earlier version. What do I do to not have the track number auto-populated during rips?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Delete Track Numbers from File Titles

That isn't a matter of the version, but your naming string.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

When I have ripped CDs on earlier versions of dBPoweramp, there would be no track number as part of the title. My practice is to run the Arrange Audio codec to insert disc number-track number- 1-01, 1-02, etc. My most recent rip outputed the tracks as 01 Title, 02 Title, etc. This is especially problematic with multi CD sets where I hava, as in the case below, four number ones, etc.

I don't know what default setting inserted the title numbers. My settings are set to output to Desktop/FLAC/Source Filename. What do I need to change so the output doesn't have the track title number as part of the filename?

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 3.37.25 PM.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

lower left side of CD Ripper screen, click on "SET" next to "Naming" row. Then edit your dynamic naming string to remove [track] from the file name.

p.s. You don't have to run arrange after the fact, you can use the dynamic naming string to create your desired name and folder structure when ripping. just replace the [track] in the current naming string with "[disc]-[track]" instead.
    Last edited by garym; 04-13-2018 at 04:31 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Being able to add disc_number-track-number in one sweep instead of two would be really helpful. I was not able to follow your guidance and would really like to understand this for later changes as needed. Can you lay out the string so I can better follow along? Here is the current string from the naming > set that resulted in the image associated with my 4/14 message above:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[track] [artist] - [title]

What would be the edits to get to my desired output of "1-01, 1-02" and how would that change for the rare case when I have a ten CD set requiring two digits for the album: 10-01, 10-02, etc. (I think I resolved it by manually editing the tenth disc)?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 5.49.35 AM.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by David W View Post
    Being able to add disc_number-track-number in one sweep instead of two would be really helpful. I was not able to follow your guidance and would really like to understand this for later changes as needed. Can you lay out the string so I can better follow along? Here is the current string from the naming > set that resulted in the image associated with my 4/14 message above:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[track] [artist] - [title]

What would be the edits to get to my desired output of "1-01, 1-02" and how would that change for the rare case when I have a ten CD set requiring two digits for the album: 10-01, 10-02, etc. (I think I resolved it by manually editing the tenth disc)?
    garym has already answered, replace the [track] in the current naming string with "[disc]-[track]":
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[disc]-[track] [artist] - [title]

Quote Originally Posted by David W View Post
    how would that change for the rare case when I have a ten CD set requiring two digits for the album: 10-01, 10-02, etc. (I think I resolved it by manually editing the tenth disc)?
    Not sure I understand what you are asking here. With [disc]-[track], you will get 1-01, 1-02, 1-03... 2-01, 2-02, 2-03... 3-01, 3-02, 3-03... thru to 9-01, 9-02, 9-03... 10-01, 10-02, 10-03... etc.

dBpoweramp Guru

use this

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[disc]-[track] [artist] - [title]

Looks like you want all your rips in a single folder, rather than separate folders for album artists or albums, etc.