title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 Lame "Channels" setting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gplondon
    • Apr 2018

mp3 Lame "Channels" setting

Does anyone understand the setting <<2 'stereo [auto]' (CD)>> when converting to mp3 with the Lame codec in version 15?

I've done trials and the <<auto>> setting converts a mono file to a mono file and a stereo file to a joint stereo file, as you'd expect.

However, using <<2 'stereo [auto]' (CD)>>, I've tried converting a mono WAV, a stereo WAV and a polyphonic WAV and the result is always a stereo file that is tagged "joint stereo" in the popup info of version 10 (version 15 popup only says "2 channels" for all stereo files).

Therefore I can't see any difference between <<2 'stereo [auto]' (CD)>> and <<2 'joint stereo' (CD)>>

Also, the "final command line" info doesn't seem right.
    "auto", "mono" and "stereo [auto]" settings all show the same CLI, with no channel mode instruction, yet "mono" produces mono and "stereo" produces stereo, regardless of input channels - so surely they must have a different CLI going on?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: mp3 Lame &quot;Channels&quot; setting

They are effectively the same, the only difference is [auto] keeps mono as mono. If you want forced stereo (not joint) then there is a forced stereo option in the list.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>