title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Saving edited metadata on PerfectTUNES ID Tags

Saving edited metadata on PerfectTUNES ID Tags

I have only just started to use PerfectTUNES, so please forgive my ignorance.

When trying to edit ID tags in PerfectTUNES, it will not save my edit. For instance, when trying to edit a compilation album, in 'Artist' I am typing <different>, but when I come out of that album, my edit has not been saved.

The reason that I'm editing the tags, is because the 5 albums of the same name (70's School Days - Discs 1 - 5, are not appearing correctly on my music streamer (BluSound).

Please could someone assist me, on how to save my edits on PerfectTUNES ID Tags.

Many thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Saving edited metadata on PerfectTUNES ID Tags

Which PerfectTUNES version/platform are you using?

I am using PerfectTUNES for Mac.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Meerloo View Post
    I am using PerfectTUNES for Mac.
    Registered or Unregistered?

Unregistered Version has these limitations:

Album Art: displays possible matches, but will not save art
    ID Tags: does not write ID Tags, but does allow browsing and shows recommendations
    De-Dup: shows duplicates but does not enable deletion
    Last edited by mville; 04-11-2018 at 08:40 AM.

I have just purchased PerfectTUNES. So I'm using the registered version.

I will try to upload a couple of screenshots.Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 15.03.55.jpg

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Meerloo View Post
    I have just purchased PerfectTUNES. So I'm using the registered version.
    Did you check that the registered version is running?

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Clarify what you mean by typing <different> in the artist field. I believe "<different>" showing by PerfectTunes is simply the result of multiple items being selected and those items having different existing values for the tag field that reports <different>.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Clarify what you mean by typing <different> in the artist field. I believe "<different>" showing by PerfectTunes is simply the result of multiple items being selected and those items having different existing values for the tag field that reports <different>.
    Agreed.

You are able to type <different or different> into the Artist text box and the Artist tag is updated accordingly.

However, if you enter <different>, PerfectTUNES reserves <different>, for the reason described above and so does not update the Artist tag.

Firstly, thanks guys you for your help.
    I have manually typed in the artists name, which was blank, and <different> has now appeared in the 'Artist box'. So that is now sorted.

Originally, I ripped all 5 CDs using 'Accurate Rip', then simply put the 5 albums in to my 'Various Artists' folder, located on my BluSound streaming app. The 5 albums were scattered all over the place, creating different folders for each of the numerous artists. Only one found it's way into 'Various Artists', which is where all my other compilation albums are.

When there is a compilation CD with 5 albums, what is the correct procedure to make sure all 5 albums end up in the same correct folder? (Various Artists)

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Meerloo,

you have to differentiate between artist and album artist. If I have compilation albums with different artist involved, I left the album artist blank, set the compilation flag and number each disc like n/m (nth disc of the m discs in the set). In combination with my naming string:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[tags]album artist, - [],[IFCOMP]Compilations[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]

all tracks are ripped in one folder, while the naming contains the disc number as well as the track number. You can change "Compilations" to "Various Artists" in the naming string, if you prefer that wording.

Dat Ei