title
Products            Purchase            Codec Central            Forum & Support            Professional            About

Thread: Editing the genre pull-down menu

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Editing the genre pull-down menu

When I go to %Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp on the internet and look at the .txt file I can edit the default list as I want and everything looks fine; however when I click on the pull-down menu at Genre in dbpa the list of genre that drops down has three blank spaces at the top before the list starts (otherwise it's just the way I edited it). How do I get rid of those three blank lines?

Thank you,
    dbarnby

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Editing the genre pull-down menu

The genres file is a local file, not one on the internet. You have to paste the path %Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp in the file explorer, not the internet explorer. Which editor do you use? Delete blank lines (maybe at the end if the file).

Dat Ei

Re: Editing the genre pull-down menu

I don't understand why you keep using Internet Explorer to access this file. On Sunday in your other thread I provided instructions on how to use Notepad to check and edit the file, if needed. Have you tried those instructions?