title
Products            Purchase            Codec Central            Forum & Support            Professional            About

Thread: Editing the genre pull-down menu

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Editing the genre pull-down menu

When I go to %Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp on the internet and look at the .txt file I can edit the default list as I want and everything looks fine; however when I click on the pull-down menu at Genre in dbpa the list of genre that drops down has three blank spaces at the top before the list starts (otherwise it's just the way I edited it). How do I get rid of those three blank lines?

Thank you,
    dbarnby

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Editing the genre pull-down menu

The genres file is a local file, not one on the internet. You have to paste the path %Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp in the file explorer, not the internet explorer. Which editor do you use? Delete blank lines (maybe at the end if the file).

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I don't understand why you keep using Internet Explorer to access this file. On Sunday in your other thread I provided instructions on how to use Notepad to check and edit the file, if needed. Have you tried those instructions?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Don,
    I noticed that the default genres.txt file is in random order, and when you use the dropdown in CD Ripper, the list is in alphabetical order. Therefore some processing most be done to the file before it is displayed. I did some experiments, and found that when I had blank lines at the end of the list I could recreate your problem. Look at your genres.txt file and make sure there are no blank lines at the end of the list. Hopefully that is causing the problem.

Gary