title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

[Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

Hi,

So I'm using R16.2 under macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

I wanted to use the ReplayGain "effect" to change the LUFS value for my AAC collection with Batch Converter.

How to reproduce the bug :
    1) Run Batch Converter
    2) Select the AAC music library
    3) add the RG effect.
    4) go to its settings and change default LUFS value (-18dB) to what you want
    5) Close the RG effect settings
    6) Open it again : It's set back to -18dB

Please fix this

Best,

Eric

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    So I'm using R16.2 under macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

I wanted to use the ReplayGain "effect" to change the LUFS value for my AAC collection with Batch Converter.

How to reproduce the bug :
    1) Run Batch Converter
    2) Select the AAC music library
    3) add the RG effect.
    4) go to its settings and change default LUFS value (-18dB) to what you want
    5) Close the RG effect settings
    6) Open it again : It's set back to -18dB

Please fix this
    Fix what, exactly?

Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Fix what, exactly?
    Sorry, maybe you don't understand me 'cause of my bad English...

The bug is with Music Converter and the ReplayGain plugin : Change the LUFS value to what you need, close the Replaygain Plugin, re-open it and you will notice that it's back to its default value (-18dB LUFS) : It doesn't save the value you enter...

Hope you'll understand now

Best,

Eric

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    The bug is with Music Converter and the ReplayGain plugin : Change the LUFS value to what you need, close the Replaygain Plugin, re-open it and you will notice that it's back to its default value (-18dB LUFS) : It doesn't save the value you enter...
    OK, I understand now. BTW, what LUFS value did you enter?

Super Moderator

Thanks for reporting, bug confirmed and fixed for the next update.

The real bug here is that we only use the target volume with EBU R128 calculation but do not disable the edit box when ReplayGain (not RBU R128) is selected. If you switch to EBU R128 calculation, the target volume will be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thanks for reporting, bug confirmed and fixed for the next update.

The real bug here is that we only use the target volume with EBU R128 calculation but do not disable the edit box when ReplayGain (not RBU R128) is selected. If you switch to EBU R128 calculation, the target volume will be remembered.
    I'm sorry, English isn't my native language... I don't understand how to get the target volume remembered :(
    As I can't wait for R16.3 to be released, and -12 dB LUFS is needed for my whole FLAC library, could you explain me once again ? (maybe you could post pictures or use simple words)

Thanks for your help !

Best,

Eric

Administrator

Use EBU R128, not Replaygain

Hello, issue not fixed in Mac R16.3, see pictures :
    - Use the Batch Converter then :
    1.jpg

Choose the LUFS value :
    2.png

Close the settings window and reopen it to check if settings are store : NO
    3.png

Please fix this for Mac R16.4

Thanks,

Eric

Super Moderator

Problem confirmed and fixed for the next update.

In meanwhile, if you defocus the editbox before dimissing the dialog, the edited value is remembered.