title
Products            Purchase            Codec Central            Forum & Support            Professional            About
  
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    36

    [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

    Hi,

    So I'm using R16.2 under macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

    I wanted to use the ReplayGain "effect" to change the LUFS value for my AAC collection with Batch Converter.

    How to reproduce the bug :
    1) Run Batch Converter
    2) Select the AAC music library
    3) add the RG effect.
    4) go to its settings and change default LUFS value (-18dB) to what you want
    5) Close the RG effect settings
    6) Open it again : It's set back to -18dB

    Please fix this

    Best,

    Eric

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,304

    Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    So I'm using R16.2 under macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

    I wanted to use the ReplayGain "effect" to change the LUFS value for my AAC collection with Batch Converter.

    How to reproduce the bug :
    1) Run Batch Converter
    2) Select the AAC music library
    3) add the RG effect.
    4) go to its settings and change default LUFS value (-18dB) to what you want
    5) Close the RG effect settings
    6) Open it again : It's set back to -18dB

    Please fix this
    Fix what, exactly?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    36

    Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Fix what, exactly?
    Sorry, maybe you don't understand me 'cause of my bad English...

    The bug is with Music Converter and the ReplayGain plugin : Change the LUFS value to what you need, close the Replaygain Plugin, re-open it and you will notice that it's back to its default value (-18dB LUFS) : It doesn't save the value you enter...

    Hope you'll understand now

    Best,

    Eric

  4. #4
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,304

    Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    The bug is with Music Converter and the ReplayGain plugin : Change the LUFS value to what you need, close the Replaygain Plugin, re-open it and you will notice that it's back to its default value (-18dB LUFS) : It doesn't save the value you enter...
    OK, I understand now. BTW, what LUFS value did you enter?

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    661

    Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

    Thanks for reporting, bug confirmed and fixed for the next update.

    The real bug here is that we only use the target volume with EBU R128 calculation but do not disable the edit box when ReplayGain (not RBU R128) is selected. If you switch to EBU R128 calculation, the target volume will be remembered.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    36

    Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thanks for reporting, bug confirmed and fixed for the next update.

    The real bug here is that we only use the target volume with EBU R128 calculation but do not disable the edit box when ReplayGain (not RBU R128) is selected. If you switch to EBU R128 calculation, the target volume will be remembered.
    I'm sorry, English isn't my native language... I don't understand how to get the target volume remembered :(
    As I can't wait for R16.3 to be released, and -12 dB LUFS is needed for my whole FLAC library, could you explain me once again ? (maybe you could post pictures or use simple words)

    Thanks for your help !

    Best,

    Eric

  7. #7
    Da Man
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    37,198

    Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

    Use EBU R128, not Replaygain

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    36

    Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

    Hello, issue not fixed in Mac R16.3, see pictures :
    - Use the Batch Converter then :
    1.jpg

    Choose the LUFS value :
    2.png

    Close the settings window and reopen it to check if settings are store : NO
    3.png

    Please fix this for Mac R16.4

    Thanks,

    Eric

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    661

    Re: [Bug] dBpowerAmp Mac R16.2 : ReplayGain effect not remembering the dB in LUFS

    Problem confirmed and fixed for the next update.

    In meanwhile, if you defocus the editbox before dimissing the dialog, the edited value is remembered.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright 2018 Illustrate. All Rights Reserved.