title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CDs will not rip since "Windows 10 update"

Re: CDs will not rip since "Windows 10 update"

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I ripped around 50 cd's on Sunday with absolutely no issues at all. Had the major Windows 10 update yesterday and now I can't rip any. The problem seems to be around dbpoweramp accessing the NAS, but I can't see a way around it.

I can access the NAS through the QNAP app so that appears to be working OK.
    I can play music from the NAS through a Linn Sneaky DS using the Linn Kazoo app on the laptop. No problems there.
    What I can't do is rip cd's to the NAS. When I try to point dbpoweramp to the "path" Windows is asking me to login, but it isn't my laptop login details, or the NAS login details so I am stuck. I have attached a couple of screenshots, hopefully they help.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Regards Steve

Capture.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    Last edited by Steve Robinson; 05-15-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Administrator

In your first capture, it is Windows asking for the username and password to access the NAS, without entering correct credentials, and being able to see the files in that folder, dBpoweramp is not able to access the share either, as it relies on Windows having access.

Hello,

Neither my laptop login, or the NAS login are working. Any idea what username/password it is asking for? Also, I don't remember going through this process previously.

Administrator

It will be the NAS network share username and password, this might not be the same as the NAS login. It would be setup when the NAS was created, unless the NAS has no access restrictions, but this is unlikely as Windows is asking for a password to it. You should log into the NAS and go to the configuration section for network shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It will be the NAS network share username and password, this might not be the same as the NAS login. It would be setup when the NAS was created, unless the NAS has no access restrictions, but this is unlikely as Windows is asking for a password to it. You should log into the NAS and go to the configuration section for network shares.
    Still not having any joy with this issue. I have found that I can rip to the laptop's hard drive and then upload the file to the NAS, without having to go through any log in. It is only when I try and rip directly to the NAS from dbpoweramp that login is required.

Any ideas where I can find a solution to this? It is driving me mad!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

dBpoweramp Guru

What is Path set to, in CD Ripper?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What is Path set to, in CD Ripper?
    To get it to write to the NAS it is; \\MusicServer\Multimedia

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Robinson View Post
    To get it to write to the NAS it is; \\MusicServer\Multimedia
    Open File Explorer and select This PC.

From the File Explorer ribbon, select Add a network location which will open the Add Network Location Wizard.

Add a network location, using \\MusicServer\Multimedia in the network address. When asked to Enter network credentials use the NAS share username and password and tick Remember my credentials.

Once you have this setup in windows 10, CD Ripper will be able to rip to this network location.

Perfect!!!

Thank you.

Administrator

Odd, because just typing '\\MusicServer\Multimedia' into file explorer, should ask for the connection credentials, after these have been entered (and the remember credentials box checked) Window can access the share (through windows file explorer) and any program can also through '\\MusicServer\Multimedia'

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Odd, because just typing '\\MusicServer\Multimedia' into file explorer, should ask for the connection credentials, after these have been entered (and the remember credentials box checked) Window can access the share (through windows file explorer) and any program can also through '\\MusicServer\Multimedia'
    Maybe the option to remember credentials was not being selected?

dBpoweramp Guru

It's possible the update process borked the remember-credentials setting, if it was previously set.