title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDs will not rip since "Windows 10 update"

CDs will not rip since "Windows 10 update"

Hi i have bee using dbpowerramp to rip my CD's for years without any problems.

After updating Windows 10 with the latest "cumulative update - 2018 KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334)" dbpoweramp will no longer rip CD's.
    I have reinstalled dbpoweramp and bought a new external DVD writer, still will not rip CD's.

When i press the rip button in the CD ripper all i get is an "error" message after each track.

Edward

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CDs will not rip since "Windows 10 update"

Please post the error message!

Dat Ei

C2 error pointers enabled?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ted_p View Post
    After updating Windows 10 with the latest "cumulative update - 2018 KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334)" dbpoweramp will no longer rip CD's.
    I see reports of issues with the latest windows updates. Are you able to roll back or restore your system to before the update?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I see reports of issues with the latest windows updates. Are you able to roll back or restore your system to before the update?
    I installed the same update and have no problems with CD Ripper.

Hi after posting my question last night i tried to copy the error messages to the clipboard but it turns out that Windows 10 no longer comes with a clipboard app, downloaded a couple from the app store but they would not work with the ripper.

Will look at the possibilities of rolling back windows 10, not sure if i have this enabled on my new laptop, (HP Spectre).

Edward

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi after posting my question last night i tried to copy the error messages to the clipboard but it turns out that Windows 10 no longer comes with a clipboard app,...
    The windows clipboard still exists...

You can take a screen shot alternatively.

Have you reconfigured your CD drive after the exchange? Have you C2 error pointers enabled? Try to disable the C2 error pointers.

Dat Ei

Hi finally found an clipboard app that works in windows 10 (clipboarder), hear are the error messages.

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\01 Mark Knopfler - Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\01-Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\01-Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\02 Mark Knopfler - Basil.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\02-Basil.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\02-Basil.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\03 Mark Knopfler - River Towns.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\03-River Towns.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\03-River Towns.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\04 Mark Knopfler - Skydiver.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\04-Skydiver.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\04-Skydiver.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\05 Mark Knopfler - Mighty Man.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\05-Mighty Man.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\05-Mighty Man.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\06 Mark Knopfler - Broken Bones.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\06-Broken Bones.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\06-Broken Bones.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\07 Mark Knopfler - Long Cool Girl.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\07-Long Cool Girl.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\07-Long Cool Girl.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\08 Mark Knopfler - Lights of Taormina (Mike McGoldrick).IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\08-Lights of Taormina (Mike McGoldrick).wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\08-Lights of Taormina (Mike McGoldrick).flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\09 Mark Knopfler - Silver Eagle.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\09-Silver Eagle.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\09-Silver Eagle.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\10 Mark Knopfler - Beryl.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\10-Beryl.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\10-Beryl.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 11' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\11 Mark Knopfler - Wherever I Go (Ruth Moody).IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\11-Wherever I Go (Ruth Moody).wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\11-Wherever I Go (Ruth Moody).flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 12' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\12 Mark Knopfler - .38 Special.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\12-.38 Special.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\12-.38 Special.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 13' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\13 Mark Knopfler - My Heart Has Never Changed.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\13-My Heart Has Never Changed.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\13-My Heart Has Never Changed.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 14' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\14 Mark Knopfler - Terminal Of Tribute To.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\14-Terminal Of Tribute To.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\14-Terminal Of Tribute To.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 15' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\15 Mark Knopfler - Heart Of Oak.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\15-Heart Of Oak.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\15-Heart Of Oak.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Edward

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi finally found an clipboard app that works in windows 10 (clipboarder), hear are the error messages.

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\01 Mark Knopfler - Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\01-Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\01-Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\02 Mark Knopfler - Basil.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\02-Basil.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\02-Basil.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\03 Mark Knopfler - River Towns.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\03-River Towns.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\03-River Towns.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\04 Mark Knopfler - Skydiver.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\04-Skydiver.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\04-Skydiver.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\05 Mark Knopfler - Mighty Man.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\05-Mighty Man.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\05-Mighty Man.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\06 Mark Knopfler - Broken Bones.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\06-Broken Bones.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\06-Broken Bones.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\07 Mark Knopfler - Long Cool Girl.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\07-Long Cool Girl.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\07-Long Cool Girl.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\08 Mark Knopfler - Lights of Taormina (Mike McGoldrick).IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\08-Lights of Taormina (Mike McGoldrick).wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\08-Lights of Taormina (Mike McGoldrick).flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\09 Mark Knopfler - Silver Eagle.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\09-Silver Eagle.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\09-Silver Eagle.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\10 Mark Knopfler - Beryl.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\10-Beryl.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\10-Beryl.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 11' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\11 Mark Knopfler - Wherever I Go (Ruth Moody).IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\11-Wherever I Go (Ruth Moody).wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\11-Wherever I Go (Ruth Moody).flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 12' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\12 Mark Knopfler - .38 Special.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\12-.38 Special.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\12-.38 Special.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 13' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\13 Mark Knopfler - My Heart Has Never Changed.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\13-My Heart Has Never Changed.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\13-My Heart Has Never Changed.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 14' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\14 Mark Knopfler - Terminal Of Tribute To.IGNORE'
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\14-Terminal Of Tribute To.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\14-Terminal Of Tribute To.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 15' to 'C:\Users\edwar\Music\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\15 Mark Knopfler - Heart Of Oak.IGNORE'
    Wave: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Wave\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\15-Heart Of Oak.wav' for writing. [clEncoder_WAVE::BeginConversion]
    FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\CD Rips (dbpoweramp)\Flac\Mark Knopfler\Tracker [Deluxe Version]\15-Heart Of Oak.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Edward
    You have Windows permissions issues probably.
    Try right-clicking on the "CD Rips (dbpoweramp)" on your E:\ drive, select Properties, and then look at the Security tab.
    See if "Everyone" has Full control.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi finally found an clipboard app that works in windows 10 (clipboarder)
    Personally, I wouldn't ignore the fact that the built-in windows 10 clipboard isn't working. This does suggest something is wrong with your system.

Is the E: drive in your system, a network drive/share?

Hi on the Microsoft forum thy say "windows 10 no longer has a clipboard", if true that would explain that problem.

Drive E is a Western Digital passport 3tb external hard drive, mville's replay above got me thinking could the Western Digital hard drive be the problem.
    I reconfigured the ripper to use the internal hard drive of the HP and successfully ripped the CD and dbpoweramp now works.

I have read on the internet that some computers are heaving problems with the USB ports after the latest windows update and wonder if this could be the problem.

Thank you for all your help.

Edward

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi on the Microsoft forum thy say "windows 10 no longer has a clipboard", if true that would explain that problem.
    Sorry, but that IS utter nonsense.

I realise this is going a bit off topic but... in my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit PC, the clipboard is still available as shown in the following File Explorer ribbon screenshot:

dBpoweramp Guru

Drive E is a Western Digital passport 3tb external hard drive, mville's replay above got me thinking could the Western Digital hard drive be the problem.
    I reconfigured the ripper to use the internal hard drive of the HP and successfully ripped the CD and dbpoweramp now works.

I have read on the internet that some computers are heaving problems with the USB ports after the latest windows update and wonder if this could be the problem.
    Can you navigate the E: drive, using Windows File Explorer?

dBpoweramp Guru

I and I think a lot of others have problems with mapped drives not reconnecting automatically after reboot, sleep, etc since the "creator" update. You have to open windows explorer and manually click on each of those drives to get it reopened. Not sure if this i related to your problem, there is plenty about this on various web postings. Basically Windows tries to open the drive before it has had time to connect to it. Mostly noted with Ethernet or WIFI connections.

On my main workstation I solved this with a small DOS batch program which runs in Startup, it waits a couple of seconds (for the Ethernet to wake up) and then connects to each of my NAS mappe drives. The radio station I take care of has had a similar routine in its automation system startup batch file as long as I can remember.

Microsoft sometimes does a very good job of breaking stuff in the name of "progress".

dBpoweramp Guru

In my experience, users have been having issues with network drives and shares going offline, ever since the introduction of Windows 10.

Hi sorry for the late reply, i ended up at the doctors after my sciatica play up.

After i found out that the "WD passport HD" was causing the problems, i reconfigured dbpoweramp to use the internal HD of the HP Spectre and dbpoweramp was working again, the next day as a test i reconfigured dbpowramp to use the "WD passport HD" and again dbpoweramp would not work and i got the error messages, today before coming on to the forum i did a test to see if dbpoweramp was still not working with the "WD passport HD", i connected the "WD passport HD" and my dvd writer and dbpoweramp was now working with no errors messages, hopefully all is well (until the next windows update).

Again thank you for all your help, it is gratefully appreciated.

Edward