title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CDs that will not Rip

Post CDs that will not Rip

So far my ripping of my CD collection has been going well: however, there are a number of CDs - Led Zeppelin, Eagles which the CD Ripper cannot / does not rip. Is there a way around this?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CDs that will not Rip

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymayo View Post
    So far my ripping of my CD collection has been going well: however, there are a number of CDs - Led Zeppelin, Eagles which the CD Ripper cannot / does not rip. Is there a way around this?
    Hi Ashley,

Do you mean that nothing happens when you start the rip (ie. nothing happens in the [%] progress-bar); or that you receive an 'error' message?

Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 01-04-2018 at 11:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Good afternoon Paul,

Apologies for delay in responding. I have just tried to rip Hotel California by The Eagles and CD Ripper screen is showing nothing as if I had just opened it.

Ashley

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi Ashley,

This has happened to me only once out of circa 400 CDs, to date. If I remember correctly, it was due to the 'write protection' properties of the disc (the topic was of last year and I can not locate the particular thread).

Cheers,

Paul

dBpoweramp Guru

... do you have 'Illustrate' installed on another machine? (ie. a multi-license pack).

dBpoweramp Guru

Post Re: CDs that will not Rip

Good afternoon Paul,

Apologies for delay in responding. I have just tried to rip Hotel California by The Eagles and CD Ripper screen is showing nothing as if I had just opened it.

Ashley
    Hi Ashley,

Does the CD spin up in the drive and attempt to read the TOC?

dBpoweramp Guru

Good afternoon Paul,

Ashley
    do you have more than one optical drive attached to your computer. I have two attached, and often put in a CD and forget that I have dbpa set to use the OTHER drive.

No. It stutters for a bit but that is all