title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't configure Accurate Rip with GU90N drive.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dkaras
    • Mar 2018

Can't configure Accurate Rip with GU90N drive.

I bought a new PC from Dell and installed dBpoweramp trial version. I've been trying now for a couple of weeks to get AccurateRip configured. I have literally tried well over 200+ CDs. I have had 2 CDs successfully keyed in previous sessions (I'm not sure if these two successes from previous sessions are "held" somewhere until I can get the elusive third one to read or if I have to get them all to read in the same session.). I am really starting to give up hope here. I have had other PCs in the past and used AccurateRip have never had trouble configuring the software like this.

I did find a previous post with a user that had the exact drive as me (GU90N) and they were also having trouble. I have received 2 messages when trying to read keyed CDs (of which most that I've tried are on the list located here: http://www.accuraterip.com/keydiscs.htm). I do not have any super new discs to try. I generally digitally download any new items, so this is strictly for my older collection (although, most discs I've tried are very popular and are on the key disc list... greatest hits, must have classic albums, etc.). I get two messages: “This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different Key Disc.” and "AccurateRip will not key to this offset as it miss-matches the drive database offset. [ Calculated offset value: +6 samples, + 24 bytes ].

Can anyone advise on what my next step might be. Can I rip CDs anyway even if AccurateRip is not calibrated? My trial for the software is set to expire in 6 days and I want to see if I can even get this thing set up before I spend money on something that won't work for me.

Thanks for any information you can provide...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't configure Accurate Rip with GU90N drive.

If the drive is not in the database (exactly listed) you need 3 matching key discs for AccurateRip to configure.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

There is nothing to stop you ripping without AccurateRip configured, just that you would not get AccurateRip verification of the rips.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dkaras
        • Mar 2018

Like I mentioned before... there was a previous post I found for this particular drive (GU90N) where you had responded saying there were 108 people using it (the original post was from June 2017). I don't believe it's an issue of the drive being too new or not in the DB.

So just out of curiosity then... if the drive were too new or not in the DB, then you just won't be able to use AccurateRip until... enough people have submitted samples? Without matching keys, how can you even submit a sample at all to be the first with this particular drive? I guess I'm a bit confused as to how this works. I understand the three matching key discs... but when you've tried over 200+... what's the next step here?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

There are 3 versions of 'GU90N' in AccurateRip, the shown drive name has to exactly match the value in AccurateRip.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>