title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset uPnP on QNAP - Multi-Disc Albums not combining under one folder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris2465
    • Mar 2018

Asset uPnP on QNAP - Multi-Disc Albums not combining under one folder

I've just installed Asset v6 on QNAP NAS. I like the option whereby Asset combines, under one folder, each volume of a multi-volume album. However, I have two examples (so far... there maybe more) of a three-volume album in which only Volume 2 and Volume 3 have been combined under one folder. Volume 1 of the album appears as a stand-alone separate album.

The track numbers of Volume 1 appears as: 1, 2, 3, ....

The track numbers of Volume 2 and Volume 3 combined appear as: 101, 102, 103.... 201, 202, 203

I haven't deliberately altered the Asset default configuration, as it might effect this feature.

Any thoughts?
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Asset uPnP on QNAP - Multi-Disc Albums not combining under one folder

Did you check the tags?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Chris2465
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Did you check the tags?

Dat Ei
      Thanks for so prompt a response! Did I check the tags... frankly, I don't know how. All the music I store was ripped using dbPoweramp and I know there are tags and whatnot to be edited at the time of the rip. As far as I know, I would have the ripped any CD which is part of a multi-volume without changing the tags and so forth which I see in the dbPoweramp interface.

Maybe the problem is in the tags. But now, when the data is on the NAS drive, how can I check the tags? Because of the problem we are discussing, I have been looking at PerfectTunes. Is PerfectTunes an app which will help me check the tags? If so, will it be clear the changes which I must make.

It's probably obvious: I am new to this!!!

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

If you have dBpa on your PC,

- you can hover the mouse pointer over your audio files or
        - right click on the audio files and choose "Edit ID-Tag" and edit the tags

Dat Ei

Comment

• Chris2465
          • Mar 2018

If you have dBpa on your PC,

- you can hover the mouse pointer over your audio files or
          - right click on the audio files and choose "Edit ID-Tag" and edit the tags

Dat Ei
          Yes, I have dbPoweramp on my PC. It's a 2013 version, so I'll upgrade it first, then edit the tags.

I guess, when I edit tags, I should be comparing the tag setup for Volume 1, with the tag setup for Volumes 2 and 3 (which have been properly "merged" by Asset)?

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Chris2465
            Yes, I have dbPoweramp on my PC. It's a 2013 version, so I'll upgrade it first, then edit the tags.
            You can update, but you don't have to. If that function is not in your version, any other ID tag editor would work too.*

Originally posted by Chris2465
            I guess, when I edit tags, I should be comparing the tag setup for Volume 1, with the tag setup for Volumes 2 and 3 (which have been properly "merged" by Asset)?
            Yes, that is what I would do.

Dat Ei

*although it's always a good choice to support Spoon's work!

Comment

• Chris2465
              • Mar 2018

You can update, but you don't have to. If that function is not in your version, any other ID tag editor would work too.*

Dat Ei

Exactly! Plus, I like to be at the cutting edge!

Comment

• Chris2465
                • Mar 2018

Dat Ei

It seems I can only edit tags in each file (each track, rather than in the volume as a whole). I've done that. The only difference was that two of the volumes had "Album Artist" as "Various Artists" and one of the volumes this tag was blank. I hope I've made the tag the same in each volume.

Now, I am Scanning within Asset. Is there a way of knowing when the Scan is complete?

Comment

• Chris2465
                  • Mar 2018

Dat Ei

The tag-edit resolved the issue: thanks for your guidance.

Comment

Working...

]]>