title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newbie , intro and questions.

Newbie , intro and questions.

Hi,

Thought I would introduce myself. I am Nat and I am here as I am interested in DB P after having many recommendations.

So my goal is to get a NAS ( has been ordered ) and the idea is to migrate all the music I have on several stand alone drives and Itunes and rip all my cd's with DB P and put them all onto my NAS so i can stream and have it all in 1 place.

I probably have to wait for the NAS to arrive and just give it a try.
    I am not very pc / software clued up so I dare say I will have loads of questions. I hope I don't irritate everyone . My apologies but I have to start somewhere.

My first question is about the mp3 converter. What exactly does it do and do I need it ?

I also see a batch converter, which I assume converts lots of songs in 1 go instead of one at a time.

Secondly , I have lots of music on Itunes. Some of it is Mp3 quality and some is apple lossless. I was just going to copy them onto my NAS . Do I need to run these files through DB P first ?

Lastly , for the moment , i opened up DB P CD ripper. Presumably once ripped the music files get sent to a destination of my choice. Where do I find the list of destinations as obviously I want to pick out my NAS.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give,
    Regards,
    Nat.

Administrator

Re: Newbie , intro and questions.

It depends on which program is to play the music off the NAS, if it accepts the existing formats then no need to convert.

To set the path, click 'Set' next to path in CD Ripper and open the network item.

Hello, All
    I am the newbie here from Kathmandu, Nepal and just joined this group.

Hi Everyone,

Just joined this group. Nice to meet you all.

dBpoweramp Guru

casadeyra, dexalama, Nat64,

"Hi" to you all and welcome to the madness!

Cheers,

Paul