title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to encode to m4a

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • avideophile
    • Mar 2018

Unable to encode to m4a

Hello:

I have dbpoweramp version 14.2 and was trying to convert from FLAC to m4a and I got a pop-up saying that I needed to download a codec for it. I downloaded this release - m4a AAC Encoder (FDK) Release 4 and installed it to the default directory (dBpoweramp directory, without the illustrate folder) as it suggested. Tried to do a conversion to M4a FDK AAC (I assume that is the one I want to use and not the NERO one which was still grayed out), and when the screen comes up before the conversion, there are no options for bitrate. I hit convert anyway and it says unable to load encoder.

So I uninstall the codec, and reinstall to the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder. It installed the application fdkaac to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a FDK (AAC) and the dlls to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder

Both look correct when comparing to the LAME encoder, but still same problem.

Here is the full error from the log:
    Error converting to m4a FDK (AAC), 'E:\MUSIC\D\Dire Straits\Sultans of Swing; The Very Best of Dire Straits (1998)\01 - Sultans of Swing.flac' to 'E:\MUSIC\D\Dire Straits\Sultans of Swing; The Very Best of Dire Straits (1998)\01 - Sultans of Swing'
    Error: Unable to load encoder 'm4a FDK (AAC)'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

Must be an easy fix, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Last edited by avideophile; 03-19-2018, 12:34 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unable to convert to m4a

You must have the 32 bit version of dBpoweramp, hold the right shift key when running the codec install to force the 32 bit version to install.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• avideophile
      • Mar 2018

Re: Unable to convert to m4a

Originally posted by Spoon
      You must have the 32 bit version of dBpoweramp, hold the right shift key when running the codec install to force the 32 bit version to install.
      Worked like a charm thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>