title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Support for SONY h.ear go (SRS-HG1)

Unhappy Support for SONY h.ear go (SRS-HG1)

Hello,

i use a Sony h.ear go (SRS-HG1) Unfortunately, the system does not list the Media Server (Asset UPnP).
    From other Media Server the Data are displayed (eg. foobar2000 uPnP Server)

Greeting

Thomas

Re: Support for SONY h.ear go (SRS-HG1)

what do I have to do to get support?

I have bought the software and can not connect me from the Sony system.

Please help!

Thank you!

Thomas

INFO:

Sony Network Device Settings
    SONY
    Model Name: SRS-HG1
    Firmware Version: 5.03.2112

Administrator

You have a firewall which might be blocking Asset? set it to run under the local account then you should see any messages from the firewall program.

The Ports on the Firewall open.

I can find and stream to Denon AVR, Sonos and Handy App only the SONY can´t find the UPNP Server.

With foobar2000 uPnP Server on the same Machine is working.

I think is not a Firewall problem.

Administrator

Try a control point software which allows to browse asset and control the sony.

Hello
    I bought the software for the following reason:

I like to play Music on the Sony Speaker with 192kHz / 24bit WAV or DSF.
    I need to be able to access the Asset UPnP server through the speaker (Direct).

I think the broadcast will not set the necessary flags for the Sony system.
    Therefore, the Asset UPnP server is not displayed.

On the Denon AVR 4310 I see the following UPnP servers:
    Asset UPnP
    Sony Music Cnter UPnP
    Foobar2000 UPnP server

For the Sony speaker only:
    Sony Music Cnter UPnP
    Foobar2000 UPnP server

What should I do????? Help!!!

-------

Info:

Listening to music on a PC via a network :
    http://helpguide.sony.net/speaker/sr...001111884.html

The speaker can play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV , FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and DSD format files (only AAC files with the extension “.m4a,” “.mp4,” or “.3gp” are playable). Even if the bit rate and file format are supported, the playing back of all files is not guaranteed. There may be a specification change.

High-Resolution Audio, which is typically 96 kHz/24 bit or higher , is made by digitally sampling an original analog audio source. The number of times at which sampling is performed (in one-second increments) is called the sampling frequency, which is expressed in hertz or “Hz”. Digitizing refers to the audio process where the sampled signal is converted (or quantized) into binary digits, consisting of 1's and 0's, and expressed as “bits”. The higher the number of bits, the closer the sample is to the original source. CDs are standardized at 44.1 kHz/16 bit, but there is no single standard for High-Resolution Audio.

An alternative way of digitizing an analog source is a method called DSD (Direct Stream Digital) which captures sound information as a sequence of single bit values with an extremely high sampling rate of either 2.8 MHz or 5.6 MHz. This is approximately 64 or 128 times the sampling rate of CD audio and is simply known as DSD 2.8 MHz or DSD 5.6 MHz. For some engineers, this is the closest a digital file sample can get to an original analog source.
    Last edited by tsk7mde; 03-21-2018 at 06:27 AM. Reason: New Infos!

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you contact the Sony support?

Dat Ei

Hello

Asset UPnP
    Sony Music Cnter UPnP
    Foobar2000 UPnP server

Sony Music Cnter UPnP
    Foobar2000 UPnP server

-------

Info:

The speaker can play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV , FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and DSD format files (only AAC files with the extension &*8220;.m4a,&*8221; &*8220;.mp4,&*8221; or &*8220;.3gp&*8221; are playable). Even if the bit rate and file format are supported, the playing back of all files is not guaranteed. There may be a specification change.

High-Resolution Audio, which is typically 96 kHz/24 bit or higher , is made by digitally sampling an original analog audio source. The number of times at which sampling is performed (in one-second increments) is called the sampling frequency, which is expressed in hertz or &*8220;Hz&*8221;. Digitizing refers to the audio process where the sampled signal is converted (or quantized) into binary digits, consisting of 1's and 0's, and expressed as &*8220;bits&*8221;. The higher the number of bits, the closer the sample is to the original source. CDs are standardized at 44.1 kHz/16 bit, but there is no single standard for High-Resolution Audio.

An alternative way of digitizing an analog source is a method called DSD (Direct Stream Digital) which captures sound information as a sequence of single bit values with an extremely high sampling rate of either 2.8 MHz or 5.6 MHz. This is approximately 64 or 128 times the sampling rate of CD audio and is simply known as DSD 2.8 MHz or DSD 5.6 MHz. For some engineers, this is the closest a digital file sample can get to an original analog source.

Yes, i wait for a Info from Sony

Hello

Asset UPnP
    Sony Music Cnter UPnP
    Foobar2000 UPnP server

Sony Music Cnter UPnP
    Foobar2000 UPnP server

-------

Info:

The speaker can play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV , FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and DSD format files (only AAC files with the extension “.m4a,” “.mp4,” or “.3gp” are playable). Even if the bit rate and file format are supported, the playing back of all files is not guaranteed. There may be a specification change.

High-Resolution Audio, which is typically 96 kHz/24 bit or higher , is made by digitally sampling an original analog audio source. The number of times at which sampling is performed (in one-second increments) is called the sampling frequency, which is expressed in hertz or “Hz”. Digitizing refers to the audio process where the sampled signal is converted (or quantized) into binary digits, consisting of 1's and 0's, and expressed as “bits”. The higher the number of bits, the closer the sample is to the original source. CDs are standardized at 44.1 kHz/16 bit, but there is no single standard for High-Resolution Audio.

Administrator

The issue will lie with the Sony, Asset is detected by every other player we currently know of.

I have the 3 of the exact same speaker as well as the Sony SRS-X77 and all 4 speakers work beautifully playing 192kHz/24bit FLAC audio using AssetUPnP in conjunction with BubbleUPnP Server on my home network. I use the speakers primarily in Chromecast mode so that I can sync them up throughout the home with other Chromecast Audio devices like my NAD C338 integrated amp and two other Chromecast Audio dongles.

I've never used foobar2000 UPnP Server but I can attest to BubbleUPnP Server paired with AssetUPnP Server as working very smoothly with the SRS-HG1.

I play back to the speakers using the BubbleUPnP app for Android. I have BubbleUPnP Server and AssetUPnP Server both running on a Windows 10 Pro PC that I set built to run 24/7 on our home network for serving audio locally and remotely from our home.

In my scenario I just open up BubbleUPnP directly on any Android device to control playback from the server to the Sony speakers. I can see the BubbleUPnP Server in the Sony Music Center app too but I generally prefer the BubbleUPnP app as it offers playback over WiFi as either DLNA or Chromecast.

I suspect something in your setup is being blocked by a firewall or possibly there is an issue with transcoding to the speaker. You can read here about what BubbleUPnP Server does - https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupn...le_upnp_server

I hope this helps.