title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Adding "style" column to ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schmidj
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2013

Adding "style" column to ripper

I think this came up before but I can't find it. I'd like to add "style" as a column in the ripper metadata display. I don't typically use the style tag, but am drifting in that direction. What I have discovered is that a number of previously ripped CDs have nonsensical style tags, presumably because of metadata for the wrong CD getting used. I'd correct the tags that were displayed in the main tagging window but forget to watch out for undisplayed tags sneaking onto my files. Yes, I know that the style tag, if it exists is displayed in the "tags" window at the bottom of the screen, but I'd be much more likely to see the issue if it were displayed in a column with the other main tags in the main window. But, for some reason, "style" isn't in the drop-down list of available tags to add as columns.

I note that the list of columns seems to exist in the registry, with a number after each entry, but don't know where the number comes from or how the heading gets the correct tags underneath.

Is there any way to do this myself, or is it possible in an upcoming update to add "style" as a choice for including as a column?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Adding "style" column to ripper

It is not possible to add this column in the registry.

As the style is constant for the whole cd, it would make sense to add to the tool-bar, I will add to the wishlist.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• schmidj
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2013

Re: Adding "style" column to ripper

Thanks for the reply.

I have some CDs where what I'd call "style" is very different from track to track, even the genre is different. But, as I haven't been knowingly using style as a tag, I couldn't say whether the style tag is the same for all tracks, or, most likely, there isn't even a style tag entry.

But I'd be happy with it in the toolbar. Thanks again.

I do want to say, that your software is some of the best I use, and part of that is the support I see here on this forum.

Comment

Working...

]]>