title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Help with Asset uPnP search function

Help with Asset uPnP search function

The search function (spyglass icon) in Asset nPnP does not work: whatever term (even if the search word is random letters), the returned result is the same.. Is this a common problem?

I use a Linn streamer, store my music on a QNAP NAS.

To stream music, I use Kazoo on any of my devices: MacBook/iPhone/Windows desktop... the search function, regardless of the device, performs identically.

Is any help available on this question?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Help with Asset uPnP search function

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2465 View Post
    The search function (spyglass icon) in Asset nPnP does not work: whatever term (even if the search word is random letters), the returned result is the same.. Is this a common problem?
    What search function (spyglass icon) in Asset nPnP? Aren't you referring to the search facility in your client software?

If I recall, the DLNA/UPnP specification is very limited when searching e.g. it is limited to artist, album and title only.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What search function (spyglass icon) in Asset nPnP? Aren't you referring to the search facility in your client software?

If I recall, the DLNA/UPnP specification is very limited when searching e.g. it is limited to artist, album and title only.

Thanks for the response. I think you're right: I should not refer to the search function in Asset uPnP. Rather, I'm referring to the search function in Kazoo. However, if I've selected Asset as my media server software (which is my preference), then the Kazoo search function does not work. If I select another media server software (eg. Twonkey), then the Kazoo search function works well. So - perhaps erroneously - I've deduced that Asset is the problem.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

What version of Kazoo are you using? I have Kazoo on Windows 7, 10 and iOS. Asset on QNAP. The search works as expected.

Thanks for responding. I think I have solved the question: I erased Asset on QNAP, and re-installed. And I seem to have a fully functioning search capability. Problem solved!

C