title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Chang List Order of Genre Drop-Down Menu (need non-alphabetical)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big.Moe
    • Mar 2018

Chang List Order of Genre Drop-Down Menu (need non-alphabetical)

I have learned how to customize the "genres.txt" file in order to have a custom genres drop-down menu in the CD Ripper. However, even though I save the list in the specific order I want (non-alphabetical), when I open the drop-down menu in the program, it automatically re-alphabetizes everything. Is there a way to stop this?
    Last edited by Big.Moe; 03-17-2018, 01:11 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Change List Order of Genre Drop-Down Menu (need non-alphabetical)

Sorry there is not.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Big.Moe
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
      Sorry there is not.
      Thanks for the reply. I thought that would be the answer, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Comment

• Max Dread
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Dec 2013

I presume the rules are different for numbers then? I have my own genre system, and all of my genres are prefixed with a number. When I hit the drop down menu in CD Ripper, the genres are all in the same order as they are in the txt file (numerical)....

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Even if you have a numerical prefix, the genres will be sorted automatically.

Originally posted by Max Dread
          I presume the rules are different for numbers then? I have my own genre system, and all of my genres are prefixed with a number. When I hit the drop down menu in CD Ripper, the genres are all in the same order as they are in the txt file (numerical)....
          You can do a test and renumber the first two entries in reversed order.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Max Dread
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Dat Ei
            Even if you have a numerical prefix, the genres will be sorted automatically.
            You can do a test and renumber the first two entries in reversed order.
            You are right, that's exactly what happened! Sorry, I was having a total dumb moment All good for me though as numerical order is what I want anyhow...

Comment

Working...

]]>