title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper: Warn if ripping to anything but 44.1kHz/16bit stereo

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikelee
    • Mar 2018

CD Ripper: Warn if ripping to anything but 44.1kHz/16bit stereo

Recently, I ripped a couple of hundred CDs without remembering that, months ago, I had been ripping multi-channel 48khz 24 bit DST CDs.

Ah, but can't you just reprocess them with the Converter and downsample to 44.1/16/stereo? Yes, but the file sounds quite different than had you ripped it correctly in the first place. I tested with The Beatles Revolver, and there is a dramatic change in the stereo image and soundstage, and not for the better.

Yes, I know I'm an idiot, but it's not really obvious which DSPs you have enabled, and it's easy to set and forget.

Thank you!
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: CD Ripper: Warn if ripping to anything but 44.1kHz/16bit stereo

Originally posted by mikelee
    Recently, I ripped a couple of hundred CDs without remembering that, months ago, I had been ripping multi-channel 48khz 24 bit DST CDs.

Ah, but can't you just reprocess them with the Converter and downsample to 44.1/16/stereo? Yes, but the file sounds quite different than had you ripped it correctly in the first place. I tested with The Beatles Revolver, and there is a dramatic change in the stereo image and soundstage, and not for the better.

Yes, I know I'm an idiot, but it's not really obvious which DSPs you have enabled, and it's easy to set and forget.
    Do you mean you ripped The Beatles Revolver DTS 5.1 disc?

Comment

Working...

]]>