title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Rips Only Errors

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

CD Ripper Rips Only Errors

I am running CD Ripper, release 16.4, under Windows 10 in a Parallels virtual machine on a Mac. It worked for months, but, over the past several weeks, more and more tracks ripped with errors. Figuring my drive (a USB Pioneer Blu-ray writer) was defective, I replaced it with an Apple SuperDrive, which I successfully configured with AccurateRip. But this drive, too, rips nearly every tracks with errors. Once in a blue moon, a track will rip without an error, but that is rare. I have tried lots of discs, some of which CD Ripper had ripped without errors months ago. I am seeing these errors under Rip Status within CD Ripper. When a track rips with an error, CD Ripper does not save the track to the hard drive, so I have no log file to independently check whether the track really ripped with errors.

Could you please help me figure out what is going wrong?

Thanks.
    Last edited by DigitalLA; 03-13-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper Rips Only Errors

I would try the native OS X version of dBpoweramp, as a first step.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I would try the native OS X version of dBpoweramp, as a first step.
    I had successfully used the Windows version within a virtual machine for years until a few weeks ago. I am concerned that the Mac version lacks some of the features in the Windows version and thus might not rip as accurately.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLA View Post
    I had successfully used the Windows version within a virtual machine for years until a few weeks ago. I am concerned that the Mac version lacks some of the features in the Windows version and thus might not rip as accurately.
    I took a closer look. I just tried to rip a CD, and, as usual, it came back with only errors. But, when I reinserted the CD, CD Ripper showed each track as accurately ripped. Yet, because of the errors that CD Ripper had reported under Rip Status, CD Ripper did not actually save any of the tracks to my hard drive. I looked at the error log. It seems as if it the errors appeared because CD Ripper had trouble writing the files to the hard drive. I checked the path, and it seems that I had added a new drive to the computer, throwing off the pathname, which I had not updated to reflect the changed drive letter.
    Last edited by DigitalLA; 03-14-2018 at 09:20 AM.