title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES for MAC help needed

PerfectTUNES for MAC help needed

Hi,
    I purchased and downloaded PerfectTUNES for MacOSX, this evening, and I have a few questions that will help me figure out if I can achieve my objectives with PerfectTUNES. I'm using the latest version of OSX on a MacBook Pro.

These were the first questions that occurred to me as I tried to use the application.

I couldn't find the answers in the brief documentation that I could find on the website.

I'd appreciate help from anyone that can reply. Thanks in Advance.

1) When I open up an album and it displays on the right hand side of the window, the tracks are mixed up and not in numerical order. I expected that clicking the "track" heading might order them but that didn't work as far as I could tell. How can one display the tracks in numerical order?

2) Is it possible to re-number tracks? For instance, I'd like to split up a compilation cd that encompasses 2 albums into 2 separate files with different titles. While I was able to re-title the album that particular tracks are supposed to be on, and I was able to split them into their own folders outside the app, I'd like to change the track numbers for the tracks on the album that now seem permanently set at tracks 11 through 21. I'd like to edit them to read 1 through 11. I hope you can follow what I'm saying. Also, while I split the folders and moved the tracks outside of the app, can this be done within the app?

3) Can additional art be added for back covers or contents of cd booklets? I can't seem to find a way in PerfectTUNES or dbPoweramp to add additional artwork. I expected I would be able to add additional artwork but it appeared to me that such functionality may be possible since I see labeling for additional types of art.

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES for MAC help needed

1. We will look into
    2. Items in the track listing can be edited, click on an item (such as Title) and an edit box will show, to move to another field use the up/down/left and right arrow keys.
    3. Right click on tracks in id tag editor then 'Album Art Load from File'

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1. We will look into
    2. Items in the track listing can be edited, click on an item (such as Title) and an edit box will show, to move to another field use the up/down/left and right arrow keys.
    3. Right click on tracks in id tag editor then 'Album Art Load from File'

Thanks for the reply. I was able to follow your direction for points 2 and 3 and they solved my basic concern for those points.

With regard to the first point, something else I noticed is that "filename" has the track number as part of the file name but changing the track number tag doesn't change the track number that is part of file name. I'm not sure it matters in practice, since re-numbering the tracks under the "track" tag would probably take precedent in how songs are displayed in a music player and the "filename" would be in the background.

Still, for editing tracks, I would like to have them show up in the proper track order instead of mixed up in the PerfectTUNES display.

The help is appreciated.

Super Moderator

New beta version of PerfectTUNES for Mac has been posted-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...c-beta-version
    The track sorting issue is now corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    New beta version of PerfectTUNES for Mac has been posted-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...c-beta-version
    The track sorting issue is now corrected.
    It certainly is. Thanks for addressing that!