title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD rip error /upgrade to V16.4 same

CD rip error /upgrade to V16.4 same

Hi
    I just received a new CD and wanted to rip it into FLAC.
    CD is working fine in audio mode on the PC.
    But all traks give errors.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'M:\Le Concert Spirituel\Handel; Messiah, HWV 56 (1754)\01 Le Concert Spirituel - Messiah, HWV 56, Pt. I; No. 1, Sinfonia.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'M:\Le Concert Spirituel\Handel; Messiah, HWV 56 (1754)\01 Le Concert Spirituel - Messiah, HWV 56, Pt. I; No. 1, Sinfonia._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'M:\Le Concert Spirituel\Handel; Messiah, HWV 56 (1754)\02 Le Concert Spirituel - Messiah, HWV 56, Pt. I; No. 2, Accompagnato 'Comfort Ye, My People'.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'M:\Le Concert Spirituel\Handel; Messiah, HWV 56 (1754)\02 Le Concert Spirituel - Messiah, HWV 56, Pt. I; No. 2, Accompagnato 'Comfort Ye, My People'._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'M:\Le Concert Spirituel\Handel; Messiah, HWV 56 (1754)\03 Le Concert Spirituel - Messiah, HWV 56, Pt. I; No. 3, Air 'Every Valley Shall Be Exalted'.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'M:\Le Concert Spirituel\Handel; Messiah, HWV 56 (1754)\03 Le Concert Spirituel - Messiah, HWV 56, Pt. I; No. 3, Air 'Every Valley Shall Be Exalted'._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

I upgraded to V16.4, but same problem.

CD is
    Handel: Messiah, HWV 56 (1754) Le Concert Spirituel Hervé Niquet from Alpha-Classics.com (2CD)

How can I rip these CD ?

Help is welcome.

Kind regards to all.
    Jean-Claude

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD rip error /upgrade to V16.4 same

Hey Jean-Claude,

you seem to have a problem with drive M:\. Is it a network drive and is it online? Do you have write permissions?

Dat Ei

You were correct, my mapped drive was disconnected, but the NAS was still accessible via the Network and I didn't realize.
    Thanks it works again now.
    Kind regards.
    JC

PS
    Is it possible to rip directly into a network address sur as \\MYCLOUD\Jean-Claude\etc.
    In fact I can try.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jcm View Post
    Is it possible to rip directly into a network address sur as \\MYCLOUD\Jean-Claude\etc.
    In fact I can try.
    I wouldn't suggest that. It's safer to rip to a local drive and then to copy the files into the network.

Dat Ei