title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CLI Encoder question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacobacci
    • Dec 2014

CLI Encoder question

I recently upgraded CLI encoder to Version 6 and installed the Opus Codec.
    Now I am getting the attached error message when I try to convert a file.

Replacing .ext by .opus in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\CLI Encoder\encoder.txt makes the message go away. Does it solve the underlying problem too?
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CLI Encoder question

You need to do much more than that to configure the CLI encoder, you need to specify the encoder and command line (how opus expects the input and output file). See the help file for the CLI encoder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jacobacci
      • Dec 2014

Thanks Spoon, please bear with me.
      I am aware of that. I had worked on the encoder.txt file for qaac.exe a while back, which was quite a learning curve
      I made a qaac.exe cli encoder script, everything seems fine, yet i get this one persistent error. Error converting to CLI Encoder, 'Y:\Adele\2008-19\12-Hometown Glory.flac' to 'd:\aacout\Adele\2008-19\12-Hometown Glory.m4a' Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock] The script is as follows.

However the Opus encoder seems to be different. The installation file at Codec Central seems to contain everyting needed. It creates the C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\Opus Folder and puts opusenc.exe there. It also creates C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\opus.dll and C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\opus.ico.
      What it does not create is the C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\Opus\encoder.txt
      Creating C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\Opus\encoder.txt (first three lines) does not make the initial CLI error message go away.
      What confuses me is why the generic encoder.txt in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\CLI Encoeder needs to be modified. That location seems to be a generic one and not related to a specific coded. Why would the information regarding Opus need to go there. Why not the information regarding mp3 (Lame), which also does not have an ecoder.txt file in C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Lame).
      The tutorial is not really clear on this issue, as it covers a specific (musepack) case.
      Just don't want to screw anything up.
      Thanks a lot

Comment

• jacobacci
        • Dec 2014

After installation of the Opus codec with the installation file from Codec Central, the user interface of Opus works, after the initial CLI Encoder error message is clicked away. The encoder also encodes correctly. So the codec seems to work without C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\Opus\encoder.txt (as does mp3 (Lame)).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus Codec Interface.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	293858

If I put a generic first three lines

[codec[
        .ext
        encoder.exe
        into C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\CLI Encoder\encoder.txt, the initial CLI Encoder message goes away and everything seems to work fine
        Last edited by jacobacci; 03-06-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>