title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Posts not showing up?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Posts not showing up?

So, what's the deal regarding posting in these forums? Sometimes I can post new threads or reply to existing ones immediately, and sometimes posts have to be approved by a moderator.

I have relevant posts (either informative, or with questions, not spam) which are still waiting on moderation days later. Is there some logic to why some posts go live immediately and others have to be vetted by a moderator and may never go live at all?

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Posts not showing up?

Do the moderated posts have attachments?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Do the moderated posts have attachments?
    No attachments.

Also, I accidentally double-posted in the same thread earlier this week because I wrote my first post while on my subway ride to work and didn't see it in the thread when I logged in again after getting to work. I assumed I lost my network connection while underground so, I posted again, paraphrasing my original post - but this time I noticed a message saying the post would have to be vetted by a moderator. Both posts passed moderation and went live a few hours later.

I thought it was really odd that a moderator would allow two nearly-identically worded posts, one after the other, in the same thread. That's why I'm a bit confused. That's just one odd example. I made other posts since then that are awaiting moderation.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hi RM,

Did your posts contain LINKS? When I first joined I think one of my posts got declined because I linked a site which sold s/w relating to CD-backing-up and verification.

Cheers,

Paul