title
Products            Purchase            Codec Central            Forum & Support            Professional            About

Thread: How to override drive offset in database

How to override drive offset in database

I'm embarking on ripping ~1,000 CD's and want to get AccurateRip to work correctly.

My problem is that I believe the drive offset listed in AR's database is incorrect. I have a ASUS - BW-16D1H-U, and the database shows an offset value of +6, but this is based on only 2 submissions. My drive appears to have an offset of +667. The reason I believe the database is wrong is that I've already obtained a second drive of the same make, and both show +667, not just on one disc but on 5 different ones I've tried (not from the same box).

When I insert a key disk, I get the following message:

rip1.jpg

After clicking "Configure AccurateRip", I get the message:

rip2.jpg

So it seems that as long as my drive's offset doesn't match the (presumably incorrect) database value, I cannot use AccurateRip.

Is there a way to override the database value so that I can start relying on AR?

Thanks!
    Last edited by leola74; 03-01-2018 at 04:35 AM.

Da Man

Re: How to override drive offset in database

It is 22 submissions, all with +6, however they have a drive BW-16D1X-U which is +667, it is not inconceivable that they have used this drives firmware for the other drive by mistake. We can mark the drive as a 'bad' drive and purge it from the database, but first step is to see if there is a later firmware.

I just checked the firmware, and it's up-to-date.

Please remember that I've tried TWO separate drives of this make, both showing an offset of +667.

Can you please purge this from the database, or advise of another solution?

Thanks.

Da Man

The next AR update will include this purged drive (around 4 weeks time).

I just bought the ASUS - BW-16D1H-U yesterday and got the same +667 offset as well.

After some googling it seems to have been being sold with different drives. 1 with BDXL support and 1 without. The one without seems to be a LG drive and the one with it is a Pioneer.

I decided to disassembly mine to take a closer look at the drive within and found a Pioneer BDR-209MBK with a BDXL sticker on the front.

Took a picture of the sticker on the drive:
    20180518_210606.jpg

Hopefully this can help correct the database, as I do think this one have a +667 offset as the other Pioneer 209's does.

Da Man

Good detective work, basically there are 2 different drives with the same model number...great

AccurateRip was updated last month, so this drive should be purged from the database, AccurateRip will need 3 matching key discs for this drive.