title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

please osx autorip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icke
    • Feb 2018

please osx autorip

hello
    could you implement the option autorip if cd is detected....cause in combination with qqgettray i could rip with my nimbie on osx...
    would be nice.

also i like to reduce the speed. i know that you wrote, if its not possible (under osx) it´s better that way. i must say that i get better sounding results in xld with slower ripping speed...

thanks for helping
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: please osx autorip

If your rips verify with AccurateRip then both programs produce bit-for-bit identical audio, a slower rip would not sound better.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• icke
      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
      If your rips verify with AccurateRip then both programs produce bit-for-bit identical audio, a slower rip would not sound better.
      i know what you are saying bits are bits...i have different experience with technical identical rips...dosen´t make sense but i heare a difference...i dont wanna argue about this, just wanna know if its possible to implement such thing.
      but the main-question is, can you implement somthing like autostart autorip...for osx. would be amazing, just the normal cdripper starts after 10sec when cd is detected...

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by icke
        i know what you are saying bits are bits...i have different experience with technical identical rips...dosen´t make sense but i heare a difference...i dont wanna argue about this, just wanna know if its possible to implement such thing.
        You are mistaken. If 2 rips of the same CD are bit perfect, then the digital audio is identical. If you are hearing a difference between the 2 rips, then your playback processes will be different.

Comment

• icke
          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by mville
          You are mistaken. If 2 rips of the same CD are bit perfect, then the digital audio is identical. If you are hearing a difference between the 2 rips, then your playback processes will be different.
          i know what you are saying...don´t mind...it seems not everything is totally explained, and i don´t mean wodoo, i think there is a phisical explanation for the sound of diffrent usb-cables...i know bitperfect, there should be no diffrence at all. don´t get in this discussion. maybe you can do this in youre great software...another point is that it´s not so loud in the ripping-process;-) better argument for you maybe...

and autorip for osx...please

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

i think there is a phisical explanation for the sound of diffrent usb-cables...i know bitperfect, there should be no diffrence at all.
            This statement is nonsense, when ripping bit-perfect CDs.

maybe you can do this in youre great software...another point is that it´s not so loud in the ripping-process;-) better argument for you maybe...
            It is not my software.

Are you comparing the same CD ripped at different speeds? As I said earlier, your playback processes will be different. It is also possible that when ripping the same CD, you are applying different DSPs e.g. ReplayGain.
            Last edited by mville; 02-27-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

mville,

I think, that he is talking about the noise level of the drive itself during the rip process.

Dat Ei

Comment

• icke
                • Feb 2018

Originally posted by mville
                This statement is nonsense, when ripping bit-perfect CDs.

It is not my software.

Are you comparing the same CD ripped at different speeds? As I said earlier, your playback processes will be different. It is also possible that when ripping the same CD, you are applying different DSPs e.g. ReplayGain.
                you are right i am wrong...
                and of cause i did multiple test wit diffrent software and diffrent hardware, diffrent speed, diffrent os, diffrent cable and of cause diffrent cdrom (and speed) with dbpower always bitperfect and accuraterip, diffrent people (blindtest- some notice a difference others not...so?) ... always the same..slow is better...but please stop...you can blame me...so i´m totally with you...so i´m wrong...

Comment

• Dat Ei
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Feb 2014

And how can two files, that are identical, sound different, if you use the same hifi equipment in the same enviroment for the playback?

Dat Ei

Comment

• icke
                    • Feb 2018

same question here....

Comment

• Dat Ei
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Feb 2014

Nothing more than illusion...

Dat Ei

Comment

• RecklessMission
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Jan 2018

This was a fun read.

Comment

• mville
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dat Ei
                          And how can two files, that are identical, sound different, if you use the same hifi equipment in the same enviroment for the playback?
                          same question here....

Assuming every variable is the same, they can't.

So, if the ripping profile in CD Ripper was identical when ripping the 2 files, the difference will be on playback, assuming there is a difference that is.
                          Last edited by mville; 02-27-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• linkman
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Dat Ei

Dat Ei
                            Because the sound is heard by a human that knows which one was ripped at a slower speed than the other one -- and that human expects them to sound differently.

Comment

Working...

]]>