title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: please osx autorip

please osx autorip

hello
    could you implement the option autorip if cd is detected....cause in combination with qqgettray i could rip with my nimbie on osx...
    would be nice.

also i like to reduce the speed. i know that you wrote, if its not possible (under osx) itīs better that way. i must say that i get better sounding results in xld with slower ripping speed...

thanks for helping

Administrator

Re: please osx autorip

If your rips verify with AccurateRip then both programs produce bit-for-bit identical audio, a slower rip would not sound better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If your rips verify with AccurateRip then both programs produce bit-for-bit identical audio, a slower rip would not sound better.
    i know what you are saying bits are bits...i have different experience with technical identical rips...dosenīt make sense but i heare a difference...i dont wanna argue about this, just wanna know if its possible to implement such thing.
    but the main-question is, can you implement somthing like autostart autorip...for osx. would be amazing, just the normal cdripper starts after 10sec when cd is detected...

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by icke View Post
    i know what you are saying bits are bits...i have different experience with technical identical rips...dosenīt make sense but i heare a difference...i dont wanna argue about this, just wanna know if its possible to implement such thing.
    You are mistaken. If 2 rips of the same CD are bit perfect, then the digital audio is identical. If you are hearing a difference between the 2 rips, then your playback processes will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    You are mistaken. If 2 rips of the same CD are bit perfect, then the digital audio is identical. If you are hearing a difference between the 2 rips, then your playback processes will be different.
    i know what you are saying...donīt mind...it seems not everything is totally explained, and i donīt mean wodoo, i think there is a phisical explanation for the sound of diffrent usb-cables...i know bitperfect, there should be no diffrence at all. donīt get in this discussion. maybe you can do this in youre great software...another point is that itīs not so loud in the ripping-process;-) better argument for you maybe...

and autorip for osx...please

dBpoweramp Guru

i think there is a phisical explanation for the sound of diffrent usb-cables...i know bitperfect, there should be no diffrence at all.
    This statement is nonsense, when ripping bit-perfect CDs.

maybe you can do this in youre great software...another point is that itīs not so loud in the ripping-process;-) better argument for you maybe...
    It is not my software.

Are you comparing the same CD ripped at different speeds? As I said earlier, your playback processes will be different. It is also possible that when ripping the same CD, you are applying different DSPs e.g. ReplayGain.
    Last edited by mville; 02-27-2018 at 10:11 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

mville,

I think, that he is talking about the noise level of the drive itself during the rip process.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    This statement is nonsense, when ripping bit-perfect CDs.

It is not my software.

Are you comparing the same CD ripped at different speeds? As I said earlier, your playback processes will be different. It is also possible that when ripping the same CD, you are applying different DSPs e.g. ReplayGain.
    you are right i am wrong...
    and of cause i did multiple test wit diffrent software and diffrent hardware, diffrent speed, diffrent os, diffrent cable and of cause diffrent cdrom (and speed) with dbpower always bitperfect and accuraterip, diffrent people (blindtest- some notice a difference others not...so?) ... always the same..slow is better...but please stop...you can blame me...so iīm totally with you...so iīm wrong...

dBpoweramp Guru

And how can two files, that are identical, sound different, if you use the same hifi equipment in the same enviroment for the playback?

Dat Ei

same question here....

dBpoweramp Guru

Nothing more than illusion...

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

This was a fun read.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    And how can two files, that are identical, sound different, if you use the same hifi equipment in the same enviroment for the playback?
    same question here....

Assuming every variable is the same, they can't.

So, if the ripping profile in CD Ripper was identical when ripping the 2 files, the difference will be on playback, assuming there is a difference that is.
    Last edited by mville; 02-27-2018 at 01:55 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post

Dat Ei
    Because the sound is heard by a human that knows which one was ripped at a slower speed than the other one -- and that human expects them to sound differently.