title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Powerfile C200 + Laptop Computer + Cables for sale / help

Powerfile C200 + Laptop Computer + Cables for sale / help

Hello all,

In an attempt to rip my CD collection, I bought a Powerfile C200 unit a while ago, without any knowledge on the subject.
    I am not a computer savvy person. I know only the minimum to get by, and I've been a Mac user for 7 years now.

First, I spent quite some time trying to make it work with my Macbook Pro, with no success. I found the 'Portents' old site that has the Mediafinder X software for Mac and the Activation Codes, but none of them worked. I searched and searched for more codes or help on the subject, but the little info that I found brought me here, and Spoon told me this would only work with a Windows computer.

So I bought a cheap Windows XP Laptop, got the Powerdrive 5.4 Drivers online but they don't work either. There is always some conflict in the Device Manager and I don't know how to solve it. The Powerfile C200 shows up there when I connect the machine, but it says it can't work, and the drive does not show on "my computer".

I have : Powerfile C200 Machine v 1.4.3 with both drives and carousel working.
    Working Pentium 4 Laptop with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 and FireWire Port
    Separate CD with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 + Key (just in case)
    New Belkin Professional FireWire Cable
    Laptop has the Powerfile Drivers and Powerfile Manual installed

It's probably easy to put it to work for someone who knows how to, but I don't... Maybe if someone sends me the Windows drivers I can do it...
    I found some info online saying : "Powerfile 5_4 Drivers as installed on XP" and it has one more file than I have on my laptop... don't know why...

As a last resort to put it to work, can someone send me some Windows divers for it please ? Or is someone interested in buying the whole package ?

Thanks and best regards,

Pedro Alves

Re: Powerfile C200 + Laptop Computer + Cables for sale / help

No one can help me with the drivers please ?

Or buy it cheap ?

Re: Powerfile C200 + Laptop Computer + Cables for sale / help

No one wants it cheap ?