title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't enable dynamic folder structure in music converter settings

Can't enable dynamic folder structure in music converter settings

I'm using DBPoweramp 15.3

I'm trying to encode my whole library into 256kbps MP3 to load onto my phone, and when I select my whole library, click convert, and I'm brought to the music converter page, I have a very limited option for output paths, and none of them are able to create a music directory that mirrors the folder structure of my source folder

The closest option seems to be Target Folder\Source Path\Source Filename, but when I ran a test on that with one folder that had four sub folders, the output placed all of the converted files into the root of the target folder, with no sub-folder structure

Do I need to upgrade? I've done this process before years ago and I remember using the dynamic folder tools back then, I'm not sure why I can't do it now

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Can't enable dynamic folder structure in music converter settings

I have 15.3 also. Works fine. Try this:
    Make sure you set the Folder to the right root first, then select Dynamic and use this:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc][] [track] - [title]

You may want to also include ID Tag Processing and Folder.jpg Preserve in DSP Effects too.

Administrator

Re: Can't enable dynamic folder structure in music converter settings

Your dBpowermap version must not be the Reference version, as this is needed for dynamic naming.