title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newbie Metadata question

Newbie Metadata question

Hello to all!
    I converted my CD collection with dbpoweramp to wav and FLAC.
    For my iPod, I am going to convert flac to mp3 with fre:ac and LameXP in an once off session. Some directories worked well, however obviously not all metadata are transferred into mp3 tags (or loaded from Internet?) - checked this with &*8222;mp3tag&*8220;.
    Result is, that for different artists in one album a new directory has been created. E.g. for Billy Joel - &*8222;Greatest Hits Vol III&*8220; there has been created a directory for track 4, which is a duett of Billy Joel and Ray Charles, same with &*8222;Adel Tawil&*8220; and so forth.
    That does not make sense for me because I do not have all the tracks in per album available. I would like to have the same directory structure in mp3 and flac and wav.
    Do you have any idea on that, I am helpless ...!
    Thanks a lot and please excuse, if my explanation was too clumsy ;-)
    all the best from Austria,
    Gerhard
    Last edited by Gerhard2106; 02-24-2018 at 03:38 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Newbie Metadata question

Hey Gerhard,

it is a question of the naming string, the album artist and the compilation flag.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey Gerhard,

it is a question of the naming string, the album artist and the compilation flag.

Dat Ei
    Thanks, and how can I set the „compilation flag“ during the conversion from flac to mp3? ;-)

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Gerhard,

you can set it before the conversion by editing the meta data of your source. But again: it depends on the naming string, the album artist and the compilation flag.

I give you an example. It's my naming string:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[tags]album artist, - [],[IFCOMP]Compilations[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]

What happens?

In case that the source does not have an album artist and the compilation flag is set, the files will be stored in a folder named "Compilations\[album]".

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey Gerhard,

you can set it before the conversion by editing the meta data of your source. But again: it depends on the naming string, the album artist and the compilation flag.

I give you an example. It's my naming string:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[tags]album artist, - [],[IFCOMP]Compilations[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title]

What happens?

In case that the source does not have an album artist and the compilation flag is set, the files will be stored in a folder named "Compilations\[album]".

Dat Ei

Thanks a lot for your support!

Cheers,
    Gerhard