title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Are you using Asset with Cambridge connect, over Windows 10?

FOLDER ICONS & ARTIST ART - Are you using Cambridge connect, over Windows 10?

Hi
    I am trying to get ARTIST art to display for the artist, and ALBUM art for the album, but all I get is ALBUM art for both. I have put my ARTIST art in the appdata folder.

I also want to understand why the GENRE folder still displays a folder, whereas the Album folder shows a Asset ICON for Artist on it. Also the icons go back to folders.

Anybody?

IMG_0027.PNGIMG_0028.PNGIMG_0029.PNG
    Last edited by rangehunter; 02-19-2018 at 11:35 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: FOLDER ICONS & ARTIST ART - Are you using Cambridge connect, over Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by rangehunter View Post
    I am trying to get ARTIST art to display for the artist, and ALBUM art for the album, but all I get is ALBUM art for both. I have put my ARTIST art in the appdata folder.
    What version of Asset UPnP is installed?

Is your ARTIST art file, in the png file format?

I also want to understand why the GENRE folder still displays a folder, whereas the Album folder shows a Asset ICON for Artist on it. Also the icons go back to folders.
    Not sure on this one, as I get an icon for Genre (Asset UPnP R6.1, Premium Registered).

You could try installing Asset Control as a test, on your Windows 10 PC, to rule out the Cambridge.
    Last edited by mville; 02-19-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Re: FOLDER ICONS & ARTIST ART - Are you using Cambridge connect, over Windows 10?

I'm using 6.1. Sometimes the icons go back to folders, but never have I had all the icons correctly displayed

With artist art, they are in the main jpg and some are PNG.

Re: Are you using Asset with Cambridge connect, over Windows 10?

I've found something which might help, I can get an artist image in the Genre folder, and they at the ones that are PNG. In other folders it doesn't matter which format, all I get is a folder.

Perhaps changing all the jpg to PNG might be a good start

dBpoweramp Guru

I've found something which might help, I can get an artist image in the Genre folder, and they at the ones that are PNG. In other folders it doesn't matter which format, all I get is a folder.

Perhaps changing all the jpg to PNG might be a good start
    Yes I agree. Asset UPnP Version Changes only mentions png files (under Release 6).

Its odd the Artist art is only in the Genre folder. There must be clue there but I cant see it

Are you able to explain the statement after for example ...

Allows user to replace upstream art, add to folder %appdata%\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary\AssetUserUpstre amImages\ for example can add image 'New Order.png' to replace the artist shown image for New Order, or if an artist name likely to be used elsewhere in the tree, can specify the whole shown browse path:

Artist&+&[N..]&+&New Order.png

Artist&+&[Adele]&+&Adele.png - am i understanding this correctly - is this the correct format say for Adele. If it is do I rename the Artwork to this?

dBpoweramp Guru

Are you able to explain the statement after for example ...

Allows user to replace upstream art, add to folder %appdata%\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary\AssetUserUpstre amImages\ for example can add image 'New Order.png' to replace the artist shown image for New Order, or if an artist name likely to be used elsewhere in the tree, can specify the whole shown browse path:

I think for example can add image 'New Order.png' to replace the artist shown image for New Order
    simply means, add New Order.png to the %appdata%\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary\AssetUserUpstre amImages\ folder, which is what you said you did in post no. 1, I have put my ARTIST art in the appdata folder.

However, I don't understand the following statement:
    or if an artist name likely to be used elsewhere in the tree, can specify the whole shown browse path:

Last edited by mville; 02-19-2018 at 12:57 PM.

That's the bit I don't understand, I've posted it as a new question, someone must know!

Thanks for your help