title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "FLAC: Audio File Passed Verification" - what about when it doesn't pass?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

"FLAC: Audio File Passed Verification" - what about when it doesn't pass?

Hi

Sorry to be back so soon with another question.

If I remember rightly, R14.4 did not log whether a FLAC rip had passed verification. It's good to see it in R16.4. But what if a track doe snot ass? I've just ripped a CD and three of the tracks do not have "FLAC: Audio File Passed Verification" written in the Notepad log. They are Accurate with a confidence of 10+. So what are the implications?

Also, why is this information only visible in the report at the end of the rip and not saved to the Secure Extraction Log?

Cheers

Max

Administrator

Re: "FLAC: Audio File Passed Verification" - what about when it doesn't pass?

The flac verification just checks the flac file has not been corrupted, it is not an AccurateRip test.

You can test your flac files at any time by converting to 'Test Conversion' if no errors are shown the flac files pass verification.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks Spoon.

I've ripped a couple more CDs since posting that, and they likewise have several tracks that do not have "FLAC: Audio File Passed Verification" written in the Notepad log. Is that usual? Or does it signify a problem?

I'm all worried now

Does anyone else notice that lots of their tracks are not "verified"?

dBpoweramp Guru

never noticed this. I look at log for secure or AR verified. And after moving my new rips to final storage location, I run either TEST CONVERSION or PERFECTTUNES- AccurateRip to confirm that the moved files are not corrupted, etc.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi garym

Nice to hear from you...

Next time you rip any CDs, would you mind taking a look at the report that pops up at the end of the rip to see whether you have "FLAC: Audio File Passed Verification" missing on any tracks. And likewise anyone else who reads this and can spare a moment? I'm a nervous ripper and this has got me stressed now!

I've no idea whether this was happening in XP using R14.4. I certainly don't remember seeing it in the "reports" from R14.4. So it might be the case that this always happens and it is only now that it is being reported. Who knows?!

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    And after moving my new rips to final storage location, I run either TEST CONVERSION or PERFECTTUNES- AccurateRip to confirm that the moved files are not corrupted, etc.
    OK, I'll try this on today's rips and see what it says. However, I rip straight to the final destination so my process will be a bit different to yours. Sorry to be a pain, but would you/anyone mind a quick run down of what I need to do exactly?

Many thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Max Dread View Post
    I rip straight to the final destination so my process will be a bit different to yours. Sorry to be a pain, but would you/anyone mind a quick run down of what I need to do exactly?

Many thanks
    after ripping, in your windows file explorer, navigate to the new files you've ripped. select the album subdirectory, select all the files, right click, and choose 'dbpoweramp batch convert'. When this opens, your selected files are highlighted. At the top of screen select CONVERT. When convert popup comes up, select "TEST CONVERSION" from the dropdown menu for encoder. Then at bottom of popup select "Convert >>". If any of the files are corrupted you'll get an error message. Otherwise, it will simply run then end with no messages.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, that's nice and clear. So I've checked them all and there are no errors.

That's the good news....

....the bad news = why are they not being reported as verified in the log report?

Any ideas Spoon/anyone? Could this be a bug? I know I am probably stressing unnecessarily, but I like the "rip properly rip once" (or whatever) philosophy, and I therefore like things to be 100%. Having some tracks reported as verified and others not just leaves that niggle of doubt...

Cheers for the help

dBpoweramp Guru

Next time you rip any CDs, would you mind taking a look at the report that pops up at the end of the rip to see whether you have "FLAC: Audio File Passed Verification" missing on any tracks. And likewise anyone else who reads this and can spare a moment? I'm a nervous ripper and this has got me stressed now!
    Just ripped a CD to flac. All 14 tracks: Audio File Passed Verification

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Well, that's good and bad news! Good news for you and bad news for me!

I'm hoping Spoon or someone can help here to work out what's going on. I knew this 14->16 transition was going too smoothly :(

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Just ripped a CD. All tracks showed as "Audio File Passed Verification"

Do you have the saved log file that shows your rip with some passed and some not mentioned? If so, can you post it here for others to see.

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you rip to a local destination or to a NAS? Do you rip to "._" files, a temporary folder or directly to the final filenames?

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Do you rip to a local destination or to a NAS? Do you rip to "._" files, a temporary folder or directly to the final filenames?

Dat Ei
    good question for Max. In my case, I rip to a local C:\ drive, and "Rip to '.___' files, rename album at end"

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Just ripped a CD. All tracks showed as "Audio File Passed Verification"

Do you have the saved log file that shows your rip with some passed and some not mentioned? If so, can you post it here for others to see.
    Well, you can't save them as such. But you can copy the log to clipboard. So I've been doing that and then pasting into notepad docs. I'll put all the notepads into one long notepad and then post a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    I rip to an internal HDD in the PC (a data disc; separate form the OS HDD). And I rip directly to the final filenames. I toyed with the idea of the other options. In fact, when I first started using DBPA a few years back I think I made a feature request along those lines. But I'm used to my workflow now. And then I saw that those options are not available when using the Multi-Encoder, so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Thanks so much for all the help.

dBpoweramp Guru

Well, you can't save them as such. But you can copy the log to clipboard. So I've been doing that and then pasting into notepad docs. I'll put all the notepads into one long notepad and then post a link.

I rip to an internal HDD in the PC (a data disc; separate form the OS HDD). And I rip directly to the final filenames. I toyed with the idea of the other options. In fact, when I first started using DBPA a few years back I think I made a feature request along those lines. But I'm used to my workflow now. And then I saw that those options are not available when using the Multi-Encoder, so I couldn't even if I wanted to.

Thanks so much for all the help.
    don't post them all. Just one CD example that exhibits this outcome.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast