title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch convert .wav files to .flac or alac w/ automation adding metadata

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Batch convert .wav files to .flac or alac w/ automation adding metadata

I was wondering if it is a simple process to take some ripped audio CDs
    previously using iTunes to .wav files and mass convert them to .flac or something
    else with metadata added to the files under album and artists directory names
    automatically? I managed to convert the .wav files to .flac but the metadata
    like album art and track number succession information is not inserted.
    I may can handle each Artist/Album individually adding album art, but it seems
    as if the other metadata information have to be manually inserted for each
    song (song order or track number per album)? it will be just a bit tedious to
    update each music file.

The client does not feel like finding the source CDs packed in storage where I would
    just re-rip the songs from the CDs with the benefits of accurate ripping and perfect
    tunes... but all I have are the .wav files from an initial rip and I did not know about
    dbpoweramp or fully understand the benefits of ALAC at the time. I wish to correct
    this.

PS: I was also looking at how to use Foobar 2000 to do this. Is this application
    also associated with dbpoweramp? For some reason dbpoweramp is referenced
    with foobar.

Well thank you.
    Last edited by currter; 02-19-2018 at 04:39 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Batch convert .wav files to .flac or alac w/ automation adding metadata

The metadata is probably held within the iTunes internal database, rather than the wav files, so when you convert to flac, dBpoweramp has no access to the metadata.

Check with the Apple forums to see whether there are scripts that allow you to export metadata from the iTunes internal database and import into your files.