title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: OSX - Is it possible to start in CD ripper automatically?

OSX - Is it possible to start in CD ripper automatically?

I have R16 on OSX and want to create a script to auto-start the application in CD ripper mode when I stick a CD in the drive. (Currently it just starts with the sub-apps window and I have to click on the ripper - slightly annoying).

Is there a command line parameter I can use from a terminal script to make it start directly in the CD ripper?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: OSX - Is it possible to start in CD ripper automatically?

Sorry it is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Sorry it is not possible.
    Is it possible to do it in Windows?

Administrator

It is not possible, our metadata licenses prohibit auto-ripping.

It is not possible, our metadata licenses prohibit auto-ripping.
    A pity, but thanks.

Maybe off topic and a side question however just back to ripping after a year off.
    I find that after each rip the cd is ejected and the status information window appears confirming the integrity of the rip. When I click to close the window and want to rip the next CD I find that I have to go into the dock again (OSX) click on the dbpoweramp music converter icon and then click on the cd ripper program.

How can I keep the CD Ripper open so that I can rip multiple cd's? I seem to recall it used to do this

Administrator

I think if you insert a new disc before closing the confirmation page, it should stay.

I will try it
    I'm sure it will work since the reply comes from you

Thanks

I think if you insert a new disc before closing the confirmation page, it should stay.
    Spoon
    Just tried it. Still does not work.

I have the confirmation window open after a rip - and I leave it open.. I eject the CD which was just ripped (via OSX finder) and then insert the next CD and let it spin up. I then close the confirmation window however the main ripping window is no longer active and has disappeared.

It appears that the action of the ripping status window appearing after the rip is completed seems to trigger the closing of the main ripping window.

Each time I need to go into the dock - click the DB Poweramp icon - and then click on the ripper program in the appearing window. It has been quite a while since I last ripped however I do not recall this behavior

OK
    From within the CD Ripper window I just clicked on the green icon "show additional options" and under "after ripping" I deselected "display information log". I left "display error log" checked.

Problem solved - after the rip is completed the cd ejects - and the CD Ripper window remains open

Why? Does this mean that I cannot view the information log - or if I want to view it I would need to click on the CD Ripper icon to bring up the window for each and every CD ripped?

Super Moderator

Thanks for your feedback.

From the next version on, dismissing status window will return to the CD Ripper window instead of just closing the window. The way it is now can indeed be bothersome.

Thank you

I have been using the OSX version since inception. I do not seem to recall this behavior in the past so perhaps it was accidentally introduced in one of the previous updates.

As usual thank you to the Dbpoweramp team for the customarily stellar support

Best
    Gregg

Super Moderator

This is indeed a regression in some recent update. It was not meant to close.
    Anyway, new beta version posted, this behavior has been corrected-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ion-R16-4-beta