title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting FLAC to mp3 for a separate playback device

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wdesbrow
    • Feb 2015

Converting FLAC to mp3 for a separate playback device

I have been using DBPA for ripping and JRMC 23 for playback -- and storing all music (all FLAC) files on a home NAS drive. (I am assuming DBPA would be the preferred (?) package to use for the following...)

I need to make separate copies -- for a friend's portable MP3 music player ("Evasa" is the brand) -- of several albums for his playback (only) purposes, but of course his playback device does not support FLAC files. Of course, I want to AVOID altering my own FLAC files, or theie storage on the NAS drive in any way.

What is the easiest way to do that in DBPA?

THANKS MUCH.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Converting FLAC to mp3 for a separate playback device

You can use the Batch Converter that comes with dBpoweramp and the MP3 codec or TuneFUSION

Comment

• teejjay
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Wayne
      You can use the Batch Converter that comes with dBpoweramp and the MP3 codec or TuneFUSION
      Hi Wayne,
      I have almost the same problem I managed to convert (1 Album) from FLAC to MP3 but the original FLAC files are now gone.
      So I need to know, how can I convert FLAC files that I've ripped in dbpoweramp into MP3s but still keep the original FLAC files in my (NAS) library as well?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp would not remove the FLAC files unless you included the DSP effect 'Delete Source Files'
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>