title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Converting FLAC to mp3 for a separate playback device

Converting FLAC to mp3 for a separate playback device

I have been using DBPA for ripping and JRMC 23 for playback -- and storing all music (all FLAC) files on a home NAS drive. (I am assuming DBPA would be the preferred (?) package to use for the following...)

I need to make separate copies -- for a friend's portable MP3 music player ("Evasa" is the brand) -- of several albums for his playback (only) purposes, but of course his playback device does not support FLAC files. Of course, I want to AVOID altering my own FLAC files, or theie storage on the NAS drive in any way.

What is the easiest way to do that in DBPA?

THANKS MUCH.

Re: Converting FLAC to mp3 for a separate playback device

You can use the Batch Converter that comes with dBpoweramp and the MP3 codec or TuneFUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    You can use the Batch Converter that comes with dBpoweramp and the MP3 codec or TuneFUSION
    Hi Wayne,
    I have almost the same problem I managed to convert (1 Album) from FLAC to MP3 but the original FLAC files are now gone.
    So I need to know, how can I convert FLAC files that I've ripped in dbpoweramp into MP3s but still keep the original FLAC files in my (NAS) library as well?

Administrator

dBpoweramp would not remove the FLAC files unless you included the DSP effect 'Delete Source Files'