title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5

    Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    I just downloaded DBPOWERAMP trial.

    When converting FOLDER+SUBFOLDERs from FLAC to APPLE LOSSLESS, dbpoweramp BATCH CONVERTER does not maintain folder structure when writing th .m4a files.

    more specifically, if all FLAC files are in a single SUBFOLDER, some of the .m4a files are written to the folder containing the FLAC files.. but in some cases, some of the .m4a files are written to subfolders created by dbpoweramp batch. the batch process creates the multiple subfolders with similar, but different names to the folder containing the FLAC files.

    When this happens, all FLAC files are converted ..

    This is an intermittent issue where some batch conversions write all of the .m4a files to the original folder containing the FLAC files. While other batch conversions result in multiple sub folders being created and the .m4a files are spread amongst the multiple folders.

    I have tried this on two different PCs (dell xps and dell alienware) running latest version of windows 10.

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    Check your naming string and the tags of the input files.


    Dat Ei

  3. #3
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,500

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by mersenne View Post
    When converting FOLDER+SUBFOLDERs from FLAC to APPLE LOSSLESS, dbpoweramp BATCH CONVERTER does not maintain folder structure when writing th .m4a files.
    When converting your FLAC files to ALAC, where do you want your ALAC files to be created i.e. which folder(s)?

    In the dBpoweramp Music Converter window, what have you configured in the Output To drop-down box?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    i have output set to : source drive:\source path\source file name -- in most cases, it writes the .m4a files to the folder containing the FLAC files. in about 25% of the conversions, BATCH CONVERSION creates many folders with similar but different names. in BOTH cases the .m4a files are all created successfully but when multiple folders are created, i must manually combine the .m4a files into the correct folder.

  5. #5
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,500

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    You haven't answered my question, where do you want your ALAC files to be created i.e. which folder(s)?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    You haven't answered my question, where do you want your ALAC files to be created i.e. which folder(s)?
    I thought I answered your question. I stated what the dropdown shows:

    source drive:\source path\source file name

    This indicates I want them created in the same folder that the SOURCE (FLAC) file resides.

    Most of the time they are ALL created in that folder. A percentage of the time, they are spread among numerous folders that are created by the batch convert.

    BTW, it is creating .m4v (apple lossless) not ALAC.

  7. #7
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,500

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by mersenne View Post
    I thought I answered your question. I stated what the dropdown shows:

    source drive:\source path\source file name

    This indicates I want them created in the same folder that the SOURCE (FLAC) file resides.

    Most of the time they are ALL created in that folder. A percentage of the time, they are spread among numerous folders that are created by the batch convert.
    OK I understand now, you want the converted files to be created in the source folder(s).

    On conversions where files are not saved to the source folder, but numerous folders are created, are you sure that on these conversions
    Output To = Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename?

    Also, are you using any DSPs, on these conversions?

    Quote Originally Posted by mersenne View Post
    BTW, it is creating .m4v (apple lossless) not ALAC.
    The Apple Lossless encoder creates ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) files, with the file extension .m4a, not .m4v.

    Please confirm, you have selected Apple Lossless from the Encoding drop-down box?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    OK I understand now, you want the converted files to be created in the source folder(s).

    On conversions where files are not saved to the source folder, but numerous folders are created, are you sure that on these conversions
    Output To = Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename?

    Also, are you using any DSPs, on these conversions?



    The Apple Lossless encoder creates ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) files, with the file extension .m4a, not .m4v.

    Please confirm, you have selected Apple Lossless from the Encoding drop-down box?
    Correct. No DSPs. Yes APPLE LOSSLESS is selected / created. (I typo'd m4v before) - (when checking each .m4A file created, it correctly indicates : Encoder = Apple Lossless (ALAC)

    the thing is i can select multiple different folders (not nested, same level) of FLACs in the BATCH window and it correctly writes the .m4A files to some of the folders with FLACs while other FLAC folders end up with multiple sub-folders with the .m4A files from spread among them.

  9. #9
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,500

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by mersenne View Post
    the thing is i can select multiple different folders (not nested, same level) of FLACs in the BATCH window and it correctly writes the .m4A files to some of the folders with FLACs while other FLAC folders end up with multiple sub-folders with the .m4A files from spread among them.
    Which version of dBpoweramp are you using and on which platform?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    dbpoweramp 16.4 trial (i also tried an earlier version from a couple years ago on a diff pc).

    windows 10 pro 10.0.16299 build 16299

  11. #11
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,500

    Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by mersenne View Post
    dbpoweramp 16.4 trial (i also tried an earlier version from a couple years ago on a diff pc).

    windows 10 pro 10.0.16299 build 16299
    Select Edit Dynamic Naming from the Output To drop-down box, to open the dBpoweramp: Dynamic Naming window.

    Please post exactly what is in the Base Location and Dynamic Naming text boxes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •