title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Multi CD Multi Artist CD's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aztex
    • Feb 2018

Re: Ripping Multi CD Multi Artist CD's

Originally posted by mville
    Not if your tags are correct, prior to ripping, unless there is an issue with Audirvana.

Not in my experience. There must be something else going wrong here.
    Not an Audirvana problem as I can observe it in the folders. Audirvana simple syncs all the folder.

There should be one folder with ALL the songs in it. Not a folder with multiple folders for each artist..

A

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Aztex
      There should be one folder with ALL the songs in it. Not a folder with multiple folders for each artist..
      Correct.

So, you must have edited something in CD Ripper, that is causing your problem OR your tags in CD Ripper prior to ripping are not consistent, if the default Naming string is producing multiple folders.

I guess you are using dBpoweramp for Apple OS X (based on your use of forward slash in your folder path name examples)?
      Last edited by mville; 02-16-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Aztex
        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by mville
        Correct.

So, you must have edited something in CD Ripper, that is causing your problem OR your tags in CD Ripper prior to ripping are not consistent, if the default Naming string is producing multiple folders.

I guess you are using dBpoweramp for Apple OS X (based on your use of forward slash in your folder path name examples)?
        I only edited the string when I was getting weird results. Remember my single discs come out fine and it seems ONLY multi discs with various artists the issue.

Yes Mac OSX 10.12.6

Assuming I did something weird is there a way to reset to default?

Thanks,

Aztex

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Aztex
          I only edited the string when I was getting weird results. Remember my single discs come out fine and it seems ONLY multi discs with various artists the issue.

Yes Mac OSX 10.12.6

Assuming I did something weird is there a way to reset to default?
          Sorry, but I am a Windows user, so I don't know exactly, what is going on (and going wrong for you) in the Apple version of CD Ripper.

Hopefully, an Apple user will chime in here to help. The software is excellent and IMO it is worth persevering with, to get the Naming string working for you.

Comment

• RecklessMission
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jan 2018

On a related note, what's the difference between "<Various Artists>" in the "artist" or "album artist" metadata fields and simply "Various Artists" (without the arrows)?

My naming string is [album artist]/[album]/[track] [artist] - [title]

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

The position, if you sort the files by artist or album artist. It is a good advice to use only one of those possibilities.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Jailhouse
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2016

CD Ripper puts "<Various Artists>" in the Artist field above the track list when ripping compilation albums. If you type "Various Artists" in that field it will change the Artist field for every track with "Various Artists." I doubt that's what you want to do. And don't ask me how I know that.

Comment

Working...

]]>