title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi CPU Ripping won't work anymore...

Multi CPU Ripping won't work anymore...

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my desktop and I've noticed an issue when I'm ripping CD's. Even though I forced multi CPU, it will only rip one track at a time and I can't figure out where the problem is.
    I used to run a Quad Core Q9650 and it ripped 4 tracks at once. Not sure if I'm using the right wording here... but what I mean is that I had action on 4 tracks at once all the way from the start to the end.
    Now I have a 8700K and can't rip/process more than 1 track at a time.
    I have tried the Media Converter and I can convert 16 files at the same time (new cpu has 6 physical core and 12 hyper threads) so this setup should be able to rip/process 16 track at once, no problems.

I have tried running CD ripper as admin, same thing. Can't get it to rip more than 1 track a a time...

So now it is slower to rip with the new CPU than the prehistoric one that I had.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Multi CPU Ripping won't work anymore...

Hey Joe,

are you sure that you've ripped 4 tracks with CD Ripper at once and not converted 4 tracks with Batch converter at once? Which version do you use? Reference Registered?

Dat Ei

Hi Dat,

I think I got confused with Ripping and encoding. Is it possible that my older CPU took too long to encode and that's why I was seeing 4 tracks processed in queue as opposed to now seeing it fly out?
    I got version 16.4 registered.
    Not sure how fast this should go but if I rip a CD which contains 327MB FLAC uncompressed, it takes about 1:22 from start to end.
    Is that good or slow?

I have been using this software only since a few months, I'm sure I have lots to learn about it.

Thanks for a quick help.

Joe

Administrator

The CD drive will be the slow part, not encoding.

Ripping a CD in 1 minute is as fast as the CD drive can supply.