title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Duplicates

Duplicates

I have a registered version of Asset set up on my QNAP. But tracks are duplicated on some - but not all - albums. I've updated to version 6, re-configured and rescanned. Still the same issue.

If I was guessing, I think that the configuraton file is not running correctly - so it is reading from the default parent directory. The reason for suspecting this is that it is also not combining multi-disc compilation albums either. I have more music in the parent directory (but as MP3 not Flac). I've tried excluding MP3s (not ideal, as I dont have FLAC for everything). As a comparison, Twonky manages both to see the tracks only once and to combine compilations.

Grateful for any thoughts on how to sort this out.
    thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Duplicates

Have you tried Refresh All?

... OK, I see this is called Rescan All in the QNAP version.

Try this:
    Remove all entries in:
    Configure >> Watched Media Folders

and then try Rescan All. When complete, reboot the QNAP. After reboot, add your Flac directory only in:
    Configure >> Watched Media Folders

and then try Rescan All again. Are there duplicates and are multi-disc compilations now working? What UPnP/DLNA client software are you using?
    Last edited by mville; 02-11-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks mville.

I tried this (remove folders, rescan, restart NAS, add folders, rescan) and unfortunately I still have the same problem. It is odd because Twonky only sees the unique songs and it aggregates compilation discs into one album (which Asset isn't doing either)

Is there something else I should try?

dBpoweramp Guru

For compilation albums, the Compilation, Album and Album Artist tags need to be consistent.

What have you populated the Compilation and Album Artist tags with?