title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mac - Error writing to file - still after Folder/Files-Write Permissions

Question Mac - Error writing to file - still after Folder/Files-Write Permissions

Hello Guys,
    i have the issue, that all artwork is not saved to the music-subfolder in the iTunes-directory on my Mac.
    The message "Error writing to file" appears, so I checked all folder permissions and set them to read/write/execute active.
    I do not get PerfectTunes to write the cover art into the mp3/m4a files. When I start iTunes, still all albums with no cover art before have covers after the running of PerfectTunes.
    What do I have to fix, to activate the correct function of the tool??
    I'm very happy, if you have suggestions. In general I'm very happy with PerfectTunes, because it finds cover art for all my albums! :-)

Best regards, Peter from Mainz/Germany

Screenshot-PerfectTunes.jpg

Permissions.jpg
    Last edited by chronos-mainz; 02-09-2018 at 02:18 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Mac - Error writing to file - still after Folder/Files-Write Permissions

First, try writing artwork to a folder that is not used by iTunes. Do you still get the error message?

I moved the music-folder in the itunes\itunes Media-folder to another place (main music-folder in macOS) and started the detection and repair again, but still the same error message.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by chronos-mainz View Post
    I moved the music-folder in the itunes\itunes Media-folder to another place (main music-folder in macOS) and started the detection and repair again, but still the same error message.
    I would try a non MacOS/iTunes music folder. Create a new empty folder on the hard disk drive root, copy an album's audio files that have no artwork, to this folder and add the folder to Music Library in PerfectTUNES. Then, try writing artwork to that folder, with PerfectTUNES.

Hey mville! Thanks for your support!! I did exactly what you suggested, I created the folder inside the USER-folder, beside the profile-folder and copied all music-folders and files into it, with no success. It also makes no difference, if "Embed Art" option is deactivated. Error Write File. &*55357;&*56853;
    Has anybody ever tested this program on Mac?? I'm not happy, that it makes such problems. It's so good in finding all the requested covers.

dBpoweramp Guru

I am not a Mac user, but it seems you have some sort of permissions issue. Hopefully, someone with Mac knowledge can answer this.

... also, please confirm, you are using the purchased/registered version of PerfectTUNES and not the free/unregistered version? See the bottom of this page: PerfectTUNES
    Last edited by mville; 02-11-2018 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Registered/Unregistered question

Yes, I have the registered Version, see my Screenshot. Thanks!

PerfectTunes.jpg