title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "Accurate" vs. "Secure" etc.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

"Accurate" vs. "Secure" etc.

So, I'm currently re-ripping my 1,500+ CD collection as AIFF. 99% of my CDs going back almost 20 years are absolutely mint/pristine, being that I ripped them as MP3 in iTunes once then immediately put them back in their jewel case and into boxes in storage. No scratches, finger prints, dust etc.

I've ripped 80 discs so far and only had one track come through as "secure" but not "accurate." Two questions. . .

1. Why does one track on a pristine CD that is otherwise "accurate" come through as not accurate, but "secure"?

2. Does "secure" mean there are no data errors, or does it imply that there are still data errors (or the possibility of data errors) on the final output audio file?

I also had one other track on a different CD come through as both not "secure" and not "accurate" and therefore did not rip at all, despite the fact that the rest of the CD was both "secure" and "accurate." So, third question. . .

3. What options do I have here to get audio off that one track off that CD? Switch to "burst" mode and just live with the fact that there's probably data errors on the final output file?

Apologies if these are dumb questions. I've read just about all the tutorials and in-depth explanation pages here and though I know "AccurateRip" is the gold standard, I'm still not sure if a "secure" rip is good enough. Thanks!
    Last edited by RecklessMission; 02-05-2018 at 02:44 PM.