title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Detecting C2 pointers

Detecting C2 pointers

I have just got round to setting up CD Ripper and have been following the guide: https://dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm

When I click "detect C2 support" it instantly pops up with the following box:

Its like its not even checking the disc. I know the disc has an error as I put a scratch in it myself with a knife!

I did try making the CD that is shown in the tutorial by marking it with a permanent marker pen. The box just appears instantly when using this.

I then tried another marked CD and the test was going for over 2 hours so I stopped it. Does that seem normal to last this long?

Also when using the "Test FUA support" the tutorial says "it should only be used on compatible Plextor drives (the older true Plextors)". My drive is an "iHAS124 F"

I get the following results from the FUA test:

Is this OK to have "Clear read cache with FUA" even though my drive is not a Plextor?

For the drive read cache I get this result:

Should I just set it to 1024KB to be sure?

Also I haven't had the AccurateRip box popup. Maybe it did when I first installed but I can't remember. Is there a way to manually run it?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Detecting C2 pointers

>Does that seem normal to last this long?

No, c2 support is not working correctly on your drive, you can disable it or replace the drive.

>"Clear read cache with FUA" even though my drive is not a Plextor?

I would not.

>Should I just set it to 1024KB to be sure?

Yes