title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset and Playlists

Asset and Playlists

I can't see playlists on my tv screen. I have the playlist folder to be right below my folder browsing and the folder isn't there. For that matter, I can't see them inside the associated folders either. I'm using .m3u format. Under Audio Library I have two folders - one for audio tracks, one for playlists. Any ideas?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Asset and Playlists

Which Asset version are you running?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dtutt View Post
    For which platform? FYI, I am running Asset R6.1 for windows and I have a playlist folder containing my .m3u8 playlists. This folder is added here:
    Asset UPnP Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> Audio Library and is set to Contains: Playlists

All playlist appear in the client as expected.

I'm stumped. Mine has two libraries listed (both pointing to the same folder) with Advanced settings>audio library and then one says audio tracks and the other says playlists.
    They way I have my music organized is a folder for each artist then within all the albums and any playlists as .m3u in the artist folder but outside any album folders.
    I tried getting rid of the library that said audio tracks (leaving only the one that says contains:playlists) and now it reads 0 tracks and 0 albums (though I know there are some playlists in that parent folder.
    Not sure what to try next.

In that area, in gray, are the words "information: sub folders are also searched (audio tracks only)" this could be my problem if it is only looking for audio tracks in the sub folders but I don't see a way to change that.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dtutt View Post
    In that area, in gray, are the words "information: sub folders are also searched (audio tracks only)" this could be my problem if it is only looking for audio tracks in the sub folders but I don't see a way to change that.
    The problem is your playlists are in sub-folders, so they are not being scanned by Asset.