title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: macOS repeatable Hard Crash

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

macOS repeatable Hard Crash

I noticed that after so many operations using music converter on macOS, I get a repeatable hard crash.

Example: I'll take 10 albums and run each album through the process of Arrange Files, Tag Update and Replay gain, each of these being separate converter steps on a selection of files in finder. At a certain point when continually repeating these 3 processes on multiple albums eventually dBpoweramp just crashes. This is 100% reproducible in my environment. It's not content specific as it happens with different albums each time.

If I stop and manually close dBpoweramp completely after say 3 albums, I have no issue. If I repeat this process too much without recycling dBPoweramp I'll get a guaranteed crash.

I'm on High Sierra latest update and running the latest dBPoweramp for macOS.

Super Moderator

Re: macOS repeatable Hard Crash

Thanks for your feedback, the problem is being investigated.

Can you please provide any specific information about the kind of music files you're manipulating - M4A, FLAC or other?

When dBpoweramp crashes, does mac OS show the usual prompt to report the crash to Apple? If yes, can you please post the full crash log details from it? It would be most helpful.
    Last edited by PeterP; 02-05-2018 at 06:51 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post

Can you please provide any specific information about the kind of music files you're manipulating - M4A, FLAC or other?

When dBpoweramp crashes, does mac OS show the usual prompt to report the crash to Apple? If yes, can you please post the full crash log details from it? It would be most helpful.
    I'm working with only FLAC files.

I get the usual Apple crash report. I submitted a few of them but was doubtful they get past Apple to you guys. I'll recreate one right now for you.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post

Ok @PeterP here is the Crash details:

dbPowerAmpError.zip

Super Moderator

Thanks, this is exactly the information I wanted. I'll get back to you when a fix is available to test.

Super Moderator

Sorry to keep you waiting, but here it is-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ion-R16-3-beta

The resource leak causing dBpoweramp to malfunction for you should now be gone.