title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP R6 problems with album art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoSpengler
    • Feb 2018

Asset UPnP R6 problems with album art

Hello,

in about 10% of my albums the pictures assigned to the tracks of an album are mixed up. I'm using the following hardware and software:

dbpoweramp to rip the CD's on an iMac
    NAS from QNAP
    Asset R6 as UPnP server
    Linn Akkurate DSM as streamer
    Linn Kazoo running on a laptop as control software. I tried different software with the same result.

All metadata are corrected using iTunes running on an iMac. With iTunes I can assign a picture to every tracks of an album. Usually the picture of the first track shows up as the cover picture. However, in about 10% a different picture is presented which is unfunctional. I checked the data on the NAS with Metadatics; the assignment of my pictures is correct.
    My only explanation is that Asset mixes up the pictures when scanning my music folder. The same problem showed up with previous versions of Asset (which is by the way the best software of this type which I know).
    Thanks for help.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Asset UPnP R6 problems with album art

Try using dBpoweramp and the Edit ID-Tag context menu for tag/artwork editing.

iTunes is very poor in many respects, especially metadata tag and artwork handling.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP R6 problems with album art

Any artwork you change in iTunes, is not written to the files, it is held internally to iTunes. If you copy those tracks to a different PC or Mac, they would not have the right artwork. In short, it is best not to use iTunes to correct artwork. PerfectTUNES is ideal for this task.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>