title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Key Disc cannot be used

Key Disc cannot be used

Just started using the dbpoweramp cd ripper software today. I have inserted over 50 DC's, most of which indicate "This Audio CD can be used to configure AccurateRip". However, when I click "Configure" I receive the following message: "This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc, or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different Key Disc."

Should it take this long to get 3 offset matches? Might the problem be with the CD drive? Is the following Drive in the AccurateRip database: HL-DT-ST-DVD+-RW GP60N

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gerry
    Last edited by ghagel; 02-01-2018 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Added Drive identification

Administrator

Re: Key Disc cannot be used

It can do yes, keep feeding discs. It is a little strange as this drive is already in the database 'LG Electronics - DVD+-RW GP60N +103', it should take only one offset matching cd.

Thank you for the response. I will keep at it.
    Gerry

After trying another 20 CD's without success, I decided to buy a new external drive. AccurateRip identified it on the first CD and set the offset without any problem. The best $29 I have spent in a long time.

Gerry

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It can do yes, keep feeding discs. It is a little strange as this drive is already in the database 'LG Electronics - DVD+-RW GP60N +103', it should take only one offset matching cd.
    Sir,

is there any way to delete the already set Accurate Rip setting & make a fresh one ??

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ghagel View Post
    After trying another 20 CD's without success, I decided to buy a new external drive. AccurateRip identified it on the first CD and set the offset without any problem. The best $29 I have spent in a long time.

Gerry
    hi,
    i too use a very inexpensive external drive the LGlg ext.png

Administrator

No, the program expects your offset to match the database offset and will not configure until it does.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

No, the program expects your offset to match the database offset and will not configure until it does.
    noted,
    many thanks, Sir

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sir,

so basically, when the "Congratulations ..... " screen comes up .. its is 100% done ??
    or are there chances of the "....key disc ...." message coming up again ??

Administrator

It is completed.