title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper not saving my edits to tags

Unhappy CD Ripper not saving my edits to tags

The ripper is working fine. I chose this so I can upload to FLAC.

My issue is with the tags. The programme allows me to edit these, but when I find the files in my music folder/ import them into Mixx it is clear that these edits have not been saved.
    For example the Year - the default year for the album I am ripping is 1996 - obviously when the CD was originally produced. However, the recordings on the CD are all originally from the 1930s. For DJing purposes I want to be able to view the original dates so need the tags to reflect this. The package seems to allow me to edit the tags, the problem is it doesn't save this. When I go into my music library on my computer/ import the tracks into MIXX (my preferred DJing software) the date has gone back to 1996. How do I resolve this?

I have the same problem with tagging the artist(s) Instead of 'Osvaldo Fresedo y su Orquesta Tipica'. I want to summarise this to 'Fresedo-Ray'. Again, it lets me override the default tag but is not saving the changes I make

Any suggestions?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper not saving my edits to tags

Quote Originally Posted by Saretta T View Post
    The ripper is working fine. I chose this so I can upload to FLAC.

My issue is with the tags. The programme allows me to edit these, but when I find the files in my music folder/ import them into Mixx it is clear that these edits have not been saved.
    For example the Year - the default year for the album I am ripping is 1996 - obviously when the CD was originally produced. However, the recordings on the CD are all originally from the 1930s. For DJing purposes I want to be able to view the original dates so need the tags to reflect this. The package seems to allow me to edit the tags, the problem is it doesn't save this. When I go into my music library on my computer/ import the tracks into MIXX (my preferred DJing software) the date has gone back to 1996. How do I resolve this?

I have the same problem with tagging the artist(s) Instead of 'Osvaldo Fresedo y su Orquesta Tipica'. I want to summarise this to 'Fresedo-Ray'. Again, it lets me override the default tag but is not saving the changes I make

Any suggestions?
    Hi Saretta T,

I have never known the tags not to be saved, and the only reason I can see for the tags reverting to default, is if they haven't been saved by pressing, OK.

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper not saving my edits to tags

You have to change the tags before clicking Rip.

If you have only 1 track selected, then the values only for that one track are changed (in CD Ripper).