title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Folder.jpg Preverse doesn't do anything

Folder.jpg Preverse doesn't do anything

Hi,

I want to convert multiple albums from flac to mp3 (V0 and 320). I set up dynamic naming to add "V0" and "320" to the directories, and the structure is fine.

I also added "Folder.jpg Preserve" but it doesn't seem to do anything. I added "Folder.jpg Preserve" with the extensions ".jpg; .png, .log; .cue; .m3u" to both encoders and in the overview under "DSP Effects". But it doesn't copy a single file. Neither "Folder.jpg" nor any other file. It's just the mp3s and nothing else.

Am I doing something wrong or is that a bug?

Administrator

Re: Folder.jpg Preverse doesn't do anything

If using multi encoder you would have to add the folder.jpg preserve DSP on the encoder settings page, not the music converter.

Thanks for the fast answer!

As I mentioned, I added it to both encoder setting pages, and the music converter too. I just tried it again without the DSP effect on the music converter page, but still nothing.

I made a screenshot of my settings: https://i.imgur.com/k58fhem.png

Administrator

Looking into it, it is not possible to have this effect with multi-encoder, sorry for the wrong advice earlier.

That's unfortunate.

Is there a workaround, or will it get fixed in a future release? I can't really do it manually for that many albums.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oksetting View Post
    I want to convert multiple albums from flac to mp3 (V0 and 320). I set up dynamic naming to add "V0" and "320" to the directories, and the structure is fine.
    Can you enlighten us, as to why the 2 versions of mp3, V0 and 320?

dBpoweramp Guru

Is there a workaround, or will it get fixed in a future release? I can't really do it manually for that many albums.
    You just have to do each conversion, V0 and 320, separately i.e. not using multi-encoder.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Looking into it, it is not possible to have this effect with multi-encoder, sorry for the wrong advice earlier.
    I have mentioned this before, but it would be better to disable DSPs that aren't compatible with multi-encoder. Either have them greyed out or just not appearing in the Add DSP Effect menu, when using multi-encoder (in Batch Converter and CD Ripper).

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Can you enlighten us, as to why the 2 versions of mp3, V0 and 320?
    Some people prefer VBR, while others want CBR for some reasons. So I just wanted to offer FLAC, and the best VBR & CBR mp3s, like e.g. Bandcamp does. They offer even more formats.

You just have to do each conversion, V0 and 320, separately i.e. not using multi-encoder.
    Thanks, that would work.

I have mentioned this before, but it would be better to disable DSPs that aren't compatible with multi-encoder. Either have them greyed out or just not appearing in the Add DSP Effect menu, when using multi-encoder (in Batch Converter and CD Ripper).
    I agree. I wasted some time wondering why it doesn't work. Although I would prefer not working DSPs to get fixed, unless it's not doable.

dBpoweramp Guru

Some people prefer VBR, while others want CBR for some reasons. So I just wanted to offer FLAC, and the best VBR & CBR mp3s, like e.g. Bandcamp does. They offer even more formats.
    Offer, where?

Offer, where?
    Some of my friends play in a band, and I'm hosting their blog.

Not sure why you are asking though... is there a more expensive license for commercial use?

dBpoweramp Guru

Some of my friends play in a band, and I'm hosting their blog.

Not sure why you are asking though...
    No particular reason, I was simply intrigued as to why the need for different mp3 formats.

is there a more expensive license for commercial use?
    I have no idea.

Administrator

This should be fixed now in R17 which is in the testing section of this forum.