title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Blue Sky Digitizing Wish List

Blue Sky Digitizing Wish List

Hello,

I plan on moving to a sail boat within a year, and need a way to take my music and films with me in a media server without the thousand plus hardware disks and vinyl. Ideally, I am looking for a software or hardware program /capability which will allow me to digitize all forms of music, from Blu-ray audio, DVD Audio, 7.1 surround sound, SACD, HDCD, and red book CD to vinyl records, and all forms of video from 4K, Blu-ray, and DVD with surround sound, to Nikon video.

There will be room on a 56 foot sailing vessel for my Arcam surround sound amplifier, six surround sound speakers, subwoofer, and video display, but not for the thousands of hardware storage disks.

I realize that this may be a tall order at this point in time.

Thank you for your time, and for any information you can offer addressing all or any parts of my wish list.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Blue Sky Digitizing Wish List

There is no single software/hardware solution available in the world, that will digitize all the formats you have listed.

The software available from Illustrate will digitize your audio CDs, so this covers HDCD and red book CD in your list.

There are other software solutions for extracting the audio/video from the other formats you have listed, so I suggest you use google to narrow down the different software solutions.

dBpoweramp Guru

Last edited by garym; 01-26-2018 at 03:23 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    for dvd and bluray see:
    http://www.dvdae.com/
    Can it extract audio from DVDs from differing regions? I see nothing in the FAQ or features areas.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhouse View Post
    Can it extract audio from DVDs from differing regions? I see nothing in the FAQ or features areas.
    don't know. I've only used the trial version and that was years ago.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

For DVD/Blu-Ray/4K, try DVDFab: https://www.dvdfab.cn/. I've not tried the full version but the trial for DVDs so it works. It was more expensive than WinX DVD Ripper and I only needed it for DVDs so went for that. I have no reason to suppose DVDFab won't be just fine (as long as you pay for it - the trials put nasty logos everywhere).
    There are many ways to digitize vinyl as as already been alluded to.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Jailhouse - nice lifestyle change you've got planned there.

To add to the excellent pointers and advise given above . . .
    * Buy DVDFab. It will address all your video rips AND you will need it to use DVD Audio Extractor.
    DVDAE will only rip de-encrypted content and DVDFab offers a product called passkey that does that (buy the bundle)
    Passkey ensures you will not have any issues with regions.
    * Vinyl Ripping - as noted in the threads above 'Vinyl Studio' is the one-size-fits all solution.
    I use a combination of other products (Tascam Digital Recorder, TotalRecorder software, dcue, Tag&Rename and dbpoweramp)
    I like the quality and consistency of my approach but Vinyl Studio is a simple one-stop affair
    * SACD - I started out using a Sony PS3 but switched to modern Pioneer Blu-ray player that allow for SACD ripping (by means of some software loaded onto a USB drive)
    Once the audio data is extracted, I use Tag&Rename and dbpoweramp to complete the metadata and album artwork etc.

Have fun. I'm sure others will chime in here.